What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Games Are You Playing?

Parra Pride

Coach
Anyone having a bash at Sekiro? Tossing up whether to shell out on it or not.

Finished my first play through of this last night. It’s a great game and the combat is so god damn satisfying once you get that shit down. It is quite challenging though, and is only something you should get if you are going to put in the time to master it’s combat.

Stardew Valley (y'all can laugh at me for this one, but it's oddly addictive!)

Stardew Valley is f**king great and anyone who would laugh at you for playing it is probably a QLDer or a giant merkin. Actually probably both.

Pugzley

All they done is make it more colourful. Combat system is the same as pre-AC orgins. Maybe I just gotten used to thw new system but it feels abit of a letdown.

Apey

Staff member
Stardew Valley (y'all can laugh at me for this one, but it's oddly addictive!)

I played this a lot last year. I really wanted to get the 10M achieve but we both got bored once we'd finished pretty much everything else, so the game turned into a money grind. Great multiplayer game though.

nöyd

Staff member
The game was naff when I had it on PS4 upon release, but I hear it has since been updated with more offline content - SW Battlefront 2.

Just picked it up for PC for only $AU12.49. Even if it is still total ass it hasn't cost me much.
this game is still total ass btw
I might have been a tad hasty in my judgement, I felt like playing something fresh and different while waiting for Thrones this morning and this afternoons footy. So I reinstalled this and put the graphics up to ULTRA.

I totally suck at online but boy do I look f**king great when I get slaughtered.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Played a bit of Horizon Zero Dawn this weekend. My lord what a fantastic storyline. Great action RPG. Thoroughly enjoying it.

I absolutely loved the world and the combat is probably my favorite out of any game. It’s exciting every time you discover a new machine. The first time I fought that Sawtooth outside the village was genuinely frightening and coming across the first Tallneck near the abandoned and overgrown shopping mall was pretty cool moment.

Eelectrica

Referee
I thought I'd be playing Imperator Rome, but it's got some horrible stuttering issues at the moment. I watched quite a few streams leading up to its release and never saw anything like that.

Hopefully it's resolved soon because the game looks brilliant.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Sekiro

I hate it
Find the controls unresponsive, despite perfect timing on parries. Almost feels like RNG. The camera is shit. The lock on system doesn't let you stay focused on your target.

It's also a hard game. Which I'm fine with. But, not after you die, you have to go back and beat a bunch of minions before facing the boss again. Some will say that's part of the challenge, but I just find it tedious.

Springs09

Juniors
I enjoyed the final season of The Walking Dead. Clementine is one of the great video game characters.

Life is Strange 2 so far is pretty rubbish,

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Conker's Bad Fur Day on the 64...just started but lovin it thus far

One of my favorites of all time. Cartoon themed games aimed at adults is a criminally underutilized genre in games. I can't think of many apart from Conker that tried it.

Currently replaying Dark Souls, just arrived in Anor Londo. I've been juggling it with Yakuza 2

Frederick

Staff member
So I've just ordered a new gaming laptop (first proper gaming machine in almost 10 years), and after some recommendations of games. I'll play just about anything except for MMORPGS - don't have the time nor disposable cash to waste on them

Iafeta

Referee
Sekiro

I hate it
Find the controls unresponsive, despite perfect timing on parries. Almost feels like RNG. The camera is shit. The lock on system doesn't let you stay focused on your target.

It's also a hard game. Which I'm fine with. But, not after you die, you have to go back and beat a bunch of minions before facing the boss again. Some will say that's part of the challenge, but I just find it tedious.

I’d been hand cranking over reviews of the game. I’ve given it away after half an hour.

I like difficult challenges. But this is another level and some of it is just stupid.