What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 - NRL Magic Round in Brisbane

TheRam

Coach
It doesn't matter what I think, it is all those media blokes who line up to report Parra related 'emergencies'
It will undo a lot of goodwill

What good will have we got in the media? Even by your own admission we have very little anyway and if we run our club on what jurnos opinions are, then we deserve what crap befalls us.

SDM

First Grade
What good will have we got in the media? Even by your own admission we have very little anyway and if we run our club on what jurnos opinions are, then we deserve what crap befalls us.
Goodwill with the community. New stadium, more memberships, hopefully some on field success and better sponsorships. We don’t want to give reasons to turn people off.
I saw Lodge walking around Rouse Hill shops a couple of weeks ago and my first thought was there is that nut job that terrorised a family, he will never lose the stigma.

Noise

Coach
Goodwill with the community. New stadium, more memberships, hopefully some on field success and better sponsorships. We don’t want to give reasons to turn people off.
I saw Lodge walking around Rouse Hill shops a couple of weeks ago and my first thought was there is that nut job that terrorised a family, he will never lose the stigma.

Lodge might be a maniac and I would prefer we didn’t sign him but i have to ask what your first thoughts are when you see Fergo. do you think there’s that prick that indecently assaulted a girl in a nightclub? Or Salmon and Terepo, do you think these are the guys who endangered lives by driving pissed and crashing their cars?
Or Mau, is your first thought hewas in a gang and bashed the shit out of some dude ?
We gave these guys second chances (and rightly so).
Did our signings of these guys effect good will in the community?

hindy111

Post Whore
Lodge sounds like a nut but he perhaps is extremely sorry for what he did and was off his head on some sort of drug. Maybe he deserves another chance

TheRam

Coach

I would agree with you if there were any signs of him continuing on in such a terrible and destructive way, but there isn't any. From all reports he seems to have sorted his issues out and hasn't put a foot wrong since. He even has self control on the football field when other players try to bait him, as Taupau tried last night, which is something he never used to be able to control.

Remember, he was young, probably unchecked for bad behaviour while growing up, on drugs and out of control. Being arrested and then facing potential decades in the clink can have a sobering affect on most people, not to mention seeing yourself, when sober and in a more normal state, on video doing those frightening this to people. Unless he is a real psychopath, or hardened criminal, I think what he has done and gone through would sort out most people, especially if they have a better option to fall back on as he does, if he doesn't stuff it up again.

So what, you have no forgiveness in your heart?

TheRam

Coach
Lodge sounds like a nut but he perhaps is extremely sorry for what he did and was off his head on some sort of drug. Maybe he deserves another chance

I agree Hindy, some people just do very stupid and terrible things until something alters their behaviour and others just never seem to get it. Lodge, in this case, seems to have gotten it. Do we keep on putting road blocks in front of his progress to only see him go down a wrong turn again? Because that's what happens to a lot of people when they don't get a second chance. They get desperate, society has abandoned them and end up feeling that they have nothing to lose anymore.

When rehabilitated correctly and then included in society as an equal and allowed to become economically, socially and domestically(wife and kids) successful, then it becomes a good way of life and to much to lose to go off the rails again. The ones that find it the hardest are addicts and lifetime criminals that know nothing else, or broken children from sexual, violent or mental abuse. I don't think he qualifies for any of those.

Shoot, I'm not religious, but I know what Christ would do.

Bazal

Post Whore
Lodge might be a maniac and I would prefer we didn’t sign him but i have to ask what your first thoughts are when you see Fergo. do you think there’s that prick that indecently assaulted a girl in a nightclub? Or Salmon and Terepo, do you think these are the guys who endangered lives by driving pissed and crashing their cars?
Or Mau, is your first thought hewas in a gang and bashed the shit out of some dude ?
We gave these guys second chances (and rightly so).
Did our signings of these guys effect good will in the community?

The difference is that those guys aren't lunatics and have served their penance.

Manu, for eg because that's most comparable, was a young kid who got caught up in a gang, served time for his assault, and came out and now does plenty of work with the community. He has demonstrated remorse and regret for his actions. Basically, he's shown that he's a far better person than his actions might indicate.

Lodge has really only shown that he is a f**king lunatic and if we signed him I would find it very hard to support the side while he was in it.

Bazal

Post Whore
Anyway I actually came in here to say f**k I'm worried about the playing surface

It's already looking cut to shit. Blokes dropped like flies in the Manly Broncos game after two other matches, four leg injuries

We've got it after five other matches....