What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Warriors

Tuddy

Juniors
Who cares what majority of people think...by into that and you've got other people colouring your perception of things.

Look at things objectively.

So we have a coach who has us winning the first half. ....so you think he is coaching us to then have the players get in their own heads, tighten up, play not to lose instead of playing to win, have key players not stand up when the game is on the line, make bad defensive reads, have hunt drop a ball that leads to the warriors winning, etc.

With this logic, Ivan clearly should be sacked tomorrow.

It's bullcrap. These players are soft mentally. They take their foot off the gas. They give away simple penalties that allow the warriors up the field which gives them great scoring chances...their first and 3rd tries happening es this way from memory.

This is not coached. These are players playing stupid footy.

I can't figure out if you're a troll or just really stupid. For the purpose of this post I'll assume the latter.

McGregors two major faults as coach are and I believe will continue to be:
1. Being one of the boys and not being able to drop players that aren't performing, and
2. Not being able to manage our bench effectively.

Examples, not being able to completely drop Aitken for Lomax, not trying Pearson on the wing in place of Ravalawa and not replacing Latimore this year for anyone over 39 kilograms that can actually run.

That's not the players and that's mental.

The way I see it you've got two options. Go peddle your rubbish on Facebook where people that have no idea might actually listen.......or go and paint the gym with your mate, it's been that long it needs another coat.

getsmarty

Immortal
I can't figure out if you're a troll or just really stupid. For the purpose of this post I'll assume the latter.

1. Being one of the boys and not being able to drop players that aren't performing, and

Examples, not being able to completely drop Aitken for Lomax, not trying Pearson on the wing in place of Ravalawa and not replacing Latimore this year for anyone over 39 kilograms that can actually run.

The way I see it you've got two options. Go peddle your rubbish on Facebook where people that have no idea might actually listen.......or go and paint the gym with your mate, it's been that long it needs another coat.

Don't waste your time Tuddy....he is either a Troll/ or works for the club....

ozbuck

Juniors
Can anyone defending Mary please tell me how many years he has had?
And what his winning percentage is?
Genuine question but it cant be much higher than 50%.

This is his 5 year right? His first 3 years he didn't have the team he wanted. Last year he did. The team was 7mins from being one game away from a GF.

Unfortunately our key players to close a game out went missing. How can a player kick 3 field goals in the last 8mins?!

This year we've been in the position to win another 3 games then we have... Once again, players who should control the stamp their authority haven't.

No way am I saying that the coaching is perfect. What I'm saying is that those reducing our losses down to ONE PERSON is ridiculously stupid

Old Timer

Coach
The post re being mentally week has real merit in it and it isn't helped by:

Having 3 captains which is a total sign of confusion to begin with.
Having a back (who should have been dropped) on the bench "just in case" which is a sign of panic.
Not dropping players which gives the false sign that it's all ok.
Extending a coach who has never delivered better than 50% which means you don't have to do much to get a gig.

Our players are shell shocked and have spooks in their heads.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Aitken is always out of position in defence and drags his winger infield as a result.

And Patrick must’ve loved shovin’ it up Mary & Turnstile

-whose trial separations & lovers’ tiffs
are now tearing this team apart

Zac, Jai & Matt must be given maximum time together to revitalise their combos

Uninterrupted

Zac’s creative ball skills were needed in the last quarter

A light went out when Turnstile came on

getsmarty

Immortal
This is his 5 year right? His first 3 years he didn't have the team he wanted. Last year he did. The team was 7mins from being one game away from a GF.

Unfortunately our key players to close a game out went missing. How can a player kick 3 field goals in the last 8mins?!

This year we've been in the position to win another 3 games then we have... Once again, players who should control the stamp their authority haven't.

No way am I saying that the coaching is perfect. What I'm saying is that those reducing our losses down to ONE PERSON is ridiculously stupid
Can anyone defending Mary please tell me how many years he has had?
And what his winning percentage is?
Genuine question but it cant be much higher than 50%.

started midway through 2014..May if my memory serves me correctly...and will be the longest serving coach at the Dragons thanks to the Board and certain "supporters who love to defend the indefensible "

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
HAHAHAHA... Oh man that gave me a good laugh.

No, the players are getting in their own way (in their heads). They're not flowing because opposition teams are getting a sniff back into the game after halftime...then they start tightening up.

It's mental.

All coaches know teams get into confidence spirals. Bennett has referenced this over the years e.g. 2011 and a couple of years when the broncs lost like 8 of their last 10 games of the season.

Coaches don't get their teams over the line. Good players do. Players that stand up and stamp their authority on the game.

Unfortunately, our marquee, million dollar, Australia rep player Hunt hasn't done it once. ...in fact tonight his crucial mistake turned the tide completely.

We won't win a premiership with Hunt as our halfback I believe. His ability to take a game by the scruff of the neck at crucial times and close out a game is waaaaay off the mark.

By the way, the decision to have Aitkin on the bench is not a good one 100%
You can keep trying to pump McGregors tyres up youve been doing it for weeks .but believe me 99% of supporters on here that know anything sbout our game know full well that your wasting your time.....we will never win a premiership under this imposter...good coaches dont allow players to let the mental part of their game erode as quick as our does...yes our players must take some responsibility for what happens out on the field thats a given....but our team lacks sustained effort for 80 mins, have no plan B, are given poor leadership and game management skills, do not play structured football to close out a game when its clearly evident that we are losing the upper hand...we just unravel week after week....injuries and suspensions aside the way we have imploded in particular the last 2 weeks against The Eels and Warriors when we clearly had the distinct advantage is unforgivable.....and yes the buck does start and stop with the coach because our blokes if they feared that they would be dropped wouldnt make dumb mistakes and lose their focus and intensity .....once again players like Graham, Frizz, Vaughan will be busted because of our imposters poor selection and use of the bench....I admire your obvious leniency with McGregor but please dont try to wash him down my throat

ozbuck

Juniors

Why should I have to go somewhere else just because I have an differing view?

Are your beliefs about why we are losing so rigid that someone else's opinions feel like a threat to you?

What's with your dictator vibe?

Mate, I agree with you...so take a deep breath and maybe get off your little illusion of being some kind of forum hero.

Having Aitkin on the bench is a waste. He shouldn't be there. Whether that's because he is more of a mate than a coach with the players is just a opinion, not a fact though.

I've NEVER said Mary's coaching strategies are always right.

But people are putting 100% or nearabouts of the responsibility of our losses to him.

What about when we win? Who does the responsibility for those go to? ...especially when similar tactics are used?

The players have a lot to answer for. They are showing up a lot in the first half this year.

They look mentally weak in the second half. Especially last and this week.

They mentally lossed that game tonight. At 18-12 I could see they were playing not to lose the game. Our offloads dried up and all that.

It was like watching the Titanic capsize

ozbuck

Juniors
Wow...how long did it take you to think that one up...LOL....

about as clueless as your commentaries on here....isn't it past your bedtime little fella...off to sleep..Bye Bye...

Awww 'little fella'. That's cute. Youre such a sweetie.

TruSaint

Referee
You can keep trying to pump McGregors tyres up youve been doing it for weeks .but believe me 99% of supporters on here that know anything sbout our game know full well that your wasting your time.....we will never win a premiership under this imposter...good coaches dont allow players to let the mental part of their game erode as quick as our does...yes our players must take some responsibility for what happens out on the field thats a given....but our team lacks sustained effort for 80 mins, have no plan B, are given poor leadership and game management skills, do not play structured football to close out a game when its clearly evident that we are losing the upper hand...we just unravel week after week....injuries and suspensions aside the way we have imploded in particular the last 2 weeks against The Eels and Warriors when we clearly had the distinct advantage is unforgivable.....and yes the buck does start and stop with the coach because our blokes if they feared that they would be dropped wouldnt make dumb mistakes and lose their focus and intensity .....once again players like Graham, Frizz, Vaughan will be busted because of our imposters poor selection and use of the bench....I admire your obvious leniency with McGregor but please dont try to wash him down my throat

Well said BSE.

Life's Good

Coach
Lets face it. We have 2mill on the sidelines. Not gonna win too many games with that many injuries.
Sorry mate, I wholeheartedly disagree. 2 games in a row we’ve had healthy leads only to squander them. That’s not the sign of missing talent, it’s a sign of poor overall planning - on & off the field(been done to death so I’ll spare the details).
Pinning it on players out is the excuse used in end of season reviews used to justify the status quo.
Our problems are mental not physical.

Old Timer

Coach
We both know what Sticks & Fearless would do in this situation.
I remember having a beer with Len Kelly in the old sportsman's bar in the early 70's and he told me a story about how things were during the "great run" including how they got Reg Gasnier to come to a meeting where he was told to pull his finger out or perhaps find another club and the response was 3 tries the next game.
The lack of spine around the place is really starting to shit me to tears.
SFA accountability and a willingness to just accept it.

ozbuck

Juniors

I don't have leniency towards Mary.

I have leniency to a balanced view.

We will never win a GF under Mary, right? Answer me this: do we have a premiership winning squad?

When has the last time our highest paying player, our director on the field, our SOO and Oz rep player ever taken a game by the scruff of the neck when it was in the balance and also played the game out for a win with game smarts?

Unfortunately we didn't last year in the semi final against south's. Guess what?...they did!!!!

Latest posts