What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
I’m looking for an article I read about Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s trade to the Lakers. It’s a good lesson to administrators, players and agents. A super dooper star, a glamour team, possibly the biggest trade in sports history, and it wasn’t publicly reported until it was finalised. No whispers or shenanigans

IFR33K

Coach
Random flogging??

We cop loses like this all the time under BA. If something happens quite often how is it random???

And who said I’m after every merkin who has ever worked for the club?? Keep bullshitting, I just don’t think a coach who has been here for almost 6 seasons and has a win loss record under 50% and no finals wins in that time should be renewed. You piss and moan like it’s the end of the world and I want the whole club blown up.

Every player at the club has has signed or re-signed, he promised 3 things when he took the job, no more spoons, a team that the fans can be proud of every week and not paying players to play elsewhere. He’s failed in all of them.

Stability mate. It’s all about stability

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Lol all the BA huggers will say, but but there’s no better coaches around. Well that wasn’t the case last season was it?

And what a pile of shit that is anyway. Every coach was a rookie somewhere at some point in time. It’s clear as day, BA is mediocre at best. Not possible to go to the next level, but hey, let’s extend him anyways. We will be a mid table team for the next 2-3 years, despite BA recruiting well.

We need a fresh start, with a fresh coach with fresh ideas.

Love BA and his passion for the place, but sat night’s disaster is too much to bear. I have no doubt he’ll make a great assistant but he’s not a head coaches asshole.
Fix up the front of house and plenty of coaches look good. Continue to bumble along and only an exceptional coach will look good.

Noise

Coach
I’m looking for an article I read about Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s trade to the Lakers. It’s a good lesson to administrators, players and agents. A super dooper star, a glamour team, possibly the biggest trade in sports history, and it wasn’t publicly reported until it was finalised. No whispers or shenanigans

I don't think you can really compare 1975 with today. No internet back then and the media didn't have anywhere near the access or coverage it has today. Also the public didn't have such an insatiable appetite for news or inside info as we do now. Player agents weren't as powerful and there would have been less people involved to make these deals happen which all leads to a much easier 'keeping the trade secret'

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I said last season Brian Smith, he still has a soft spot for the club and there is no one better at rebuilding side.

And as for coach I believe Holbrook is the best available, he has a 79% win rate in Superleague.

A better win % than Robinson and Macguire who both came back to the NRL to win comps.

He also spent time in the junior grades coaching here and knows our systems.
Part of me hopes that we sign both of them so that I can see your reaction when we cop our first flogging under their leadership.

84 Baby

Referee
I don't think you can really compare 1975 with today. No internet back then and the media didn't have anywhere near the access or coverage it has today. Also the public didn't have such an insatiable appetite for news or inside info as we do now. Player agents weren't as powerful and there would have been less people involved to make these deals happen which all leads to a much easier 'keeping the trade secret'
This is true but my point was it’s a lesson on ethical behaviour that can still be utilised today. And there was still enough media around that would affect the people involved. It was agreed between Kareem, Bucks and later Lakers that if it so much as hit the headlines, the deal was off

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Because the flogging would happen. You realise that don't you?
Nah if we change coaches we will never lose a game again.

Can you see us ever winning a comp with Brad Arthur in charge?? Simple yes or no answer will suffice. And if it is no why should we continue down this road for two further seasons??

Latest posts