What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Cloeel

Juniors
I honestly reckon Gutho has played more of a roll the. Everyone reckons with the media crap.

Gutho’s manager Sam throught he could manage the media to get him a bigger deal!!

Well I reckon eels sneaky leaks has just f**ked him:

- ah we can just sign another fullback, your not irreplaceable. DZW option, leaked late last week
- hurry up, deadline leaked yesterday
- not much later, ah you love the club and BA, BA’s new deal leaked yesterday.

Additionally Walker cleared, so can’t be sacked, reduces Manly’s cap space and generally public / media supporting eels approach (except those pelicans on NRL 360)
honestly

Bazal

Post Whore
time flies

You reckon?

9zsEFRg.jpg

emjaycee

Coach
Gutho in damage control mode and finally taking the lead in putting his own timing on making his decision.

Kornstar

Coach
Sounds like a possible unpopular decision may be on the cards.

Although I’m not panicking that presser didn’t inspire much confidence with him staying.

Bazal

Post Whore
Sounds like a possible unpopular decision may be on the cards.

Although I’m not panicking that presser didn’t inspire much confidence with him staying.

I've always had the feeling that he definitely wants to stay tbh.

I still think he'll take the deal. I'm not even convinced the offer from Manly exists.

emjaycee

Coach
He made it clear it wasnt about the money but rather the contract length so interesting to see what (if) he signs with whomever for.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I'm confident he'll stay now that they've signed Arthur. Once you secure the coach it makes the decision of other players easier.

Kornstar

Coach
I've always had the feeling that he definitely wants to stay tbh.

I still think he'll take the deal. I'm not even convinced the offer from Manly exists.

I guess i didn't take into account his savvy (high sarcasm) media skills........he was probably trained and reminded to be as vague as possible not matter the question and this is the result we got.........

I must be in the minority, after today's presser and being on League Life I am leaning towards him leaving.

But where else is he going to go, I don't know I am over it and tbh I think his been f**king ordinary during all this himself.
I felt like he knew he was going 2 weeks ago. Nothings changed here on that front.