What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Soto

Bench
I must be in the minority, after today's presser and being on League Life I am leaning towards him leaving.

But where else is he going to go, I don't know I am over it and tbh I think his been f**king ordinary during all this himself.
Agree..very uncomfortable tonight and the sweating made it look worse. Appeared like he was under duress. Admittedly the Ladies were very good with their questioning and didn't let him off lightly...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
All this circus over a likeable average first grader, Yawn!!

He’s happy to go into another game with this BS dragging on?? And this is our apparent future leader and captain??

If should of been resolved after last weeks belting.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
All this circus over a likeable average first grader, Yawn!!

He’s happy to go into another game with this BS dragging on?? And this is our apparent future leader and captain??

If should of been resolved after last weeks belting.
Is that a Hineyrulzism?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Agree..very uncomfortable tonight and the sweating made it look worse. Appeared like he was under duress. Admittedly the Ladies were very good with their questioning and didn't let him off lightly...

Agreed. When I want hard-hitting, thought-provoking, mind-enhancing questions I watch League Life.

emjaycee

Coach
My take on all this is that Gutho will/has decided to re-sign however he and the club know his reputation has been tarnished big time and they need to recover it (especially if he is to remain the captain - he needs to have the support of the general fanbase) and they need to recover it asap.

I think he realises he has been let down by his manager who has tried to play it out via his mates in the media and lost and in the process has made Gutho look greedy and not exactly captain material. The straw that broke the camel's back for Gutho I reckon was the 'Claytons' Hasler meeting - that was a blatant lie that made Sam and Gutho look bad. I loved his comment on LL about not wanting to speak to Sam anymore... that was on purpose. Let's not forget the club "train" these guys on how and what to say to the media and there is no way in hell we were allowing him to wear our colours at a press conference held just for him at our training facilities if we were not co-ordinating it in some fashion.

The last 24 hours and his 2 main media events (2pm presser and League Life) are about giving him airspace to state and re-state and then state again, just exactly how big a decision this is and how it isn't about the money (i.e. I am not really greedy) but it is about making sure "I secure my future for the long-term". All in an attempt to get the average punter to forgive him to a degree for the way this has been dragged on.

The timeline of this week or early next week, gives him time away from Sydney and the press and the Club comes out next Wednesday at 11am with an announcement that both he and Moses have re-signed and our BankWest game on Thursday night doesn't have people booing our captain.

Gronk

Staff member
I just took a leak

Go back and f**king pay for it !

How-To-Cut-Leeks-Tutorial-2.jpg

Latest posts