What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Leagues Club board sacked, administrator appointed

Gazzamatta

Coach
OK, assuming the next one (in 2 weeks) is on at the same time, beers in Sterlo's at 6pm?
IBB&G is shouting.
Daughters birthday so not sure of plans as yet but keen if im free. Can you wear your Fedora hat and Timberlake boots so I recognise you Georgie?

Suitman

Post Whore
Someone with more knowledge than me re this situation needs to ring Graham Hughes and Talkin' Sport and set the record straight re last night's meeting. An Eagleston lacky just rang and Hughes and Co swallowed all his propaganda hook, line and sinker. They were all really sticking it into Max Donnelly, and it is clear that they (the panel) have little idea of the machinations that has brought the club to this stage.
@emjaycee ?

emjaycee

Coach
Someone with more knowledge than me re this situation needs to ring Graham Hughes and Talkin' Sport and set the record straight re last night's meeting. An Eagleston lacky just rang and Hughes and Co swallowed all his propaganda hook, line and sinker. They were all really sticking it into Max Donnelly, and it is clear that they (the panel) have little idea of the machinations that has brought the club to this stage.
@emjaycee ?
Not me mate, I wasn't there long enough to refute anything that Eaglston said directly.
I reckon @Gazzamatta should ring Hughes.

Suitman

Post Whore
Not me mate, I wasn't there long enough to refute anything that Eaglston said directly.

Someone just did ring, fighting Max's fight. They shot him down.
They clearly do not have a full understanding of the full history and politics involved in the situation and why Max is trying to push these reforms through.

For example, Hughes asked the caller whether he thought that members would be stupid enough to go back to the past and vote previous board members in who got us into the trouble we were in before the administrator was called in. Well, ahhhmmm, yes Graham, they would.
The caller tried to tell them that out of all our leagues club members (caller said 10000, but it's closer to 40000 I think), only 200 (his number) bother to turn up and that the vote for these reforms can be easily stacked. Once again dismissed by Hughes, Papworth and Tunks. They said that is normal for any leagues club vote.
They carry on continuously about the fact Max has been there for 3 years and what has he achieved and why is he costing us so much money. They ignore the fact that he was installed by the state govt via the ILAGB or whatever it is called.

Someone needs to explain to them why Max is trying to push these reforms through. No more Spagnolo's or Sharpe's, or Fitgerald's and certainly no Eagleston's.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I actually heard some of what was said as I do listen to the show most days.
In a nut shell and in my opinion Hughes has an agenda against anything Parramatta given he didnt get a gig with the club on each occasion hes applied. For Christs sake he tipped The Tigpies to win game one at Bankwest. He confuses Football and Leagues club boards and really has no idea and I'm sure really wouldnt want to know as it wouldn't suit his agenda.
Comments such as "Max's reforms have been overwhelmingly voted against on 4 separate occasions" are pure rubbish. He has no idea of the 75% YES vote required nor does he realise only 101 members are voting NO.
Some dude named Charlie rang and of cause Hughes believed every word he said.
I dont ring talk back shows but I must admit I was tempted. I was pretty busy and when I finally had some time I had come to my senses. Lol.
Im a big fan of Brett Papworth however. I reckon hes great value.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Someone just did ring, fighting Max's fight. They shot him down.
They clearly do not have a full understanding of the full history and politics involved in the situation and why Max is trying to push these reforms through.

For example, Hughes asked the caller whether he thought that members would be stupid enough to go back to the past and vote previous board members in who got us into the trouble we were in before the administrator was called in. Well, ahhhmmm, yes Graham, they would.
The caller tried to tell them that out of all our leagues club members (caller said 10000, but it's closer to 40000 I think), only 200 (his number) bother to turn up and that the vote for these reforms can be easily stacked. Once again dismissed by Hughes, Papworth and Tunks. They said that is normal for any leagues club vote.
They carry on continuously about the fact Max has been there for 3 years and what has he achieved and why is he costing us so much money. They ignore the fact that he was installed by the state govt via the ILAGB or whatever it is called.

Someone needs to explain to them why Max is trying to push these reforms through. No more Spagnolo's or Sharpe's, or Fitgerald's and certainly no Eagleston's.
Fitzy is voting YES and has spoken for the reforms on each of the last 3 meetings.

Suitman

Post Whore
I actually heard some of what was said as I do listen to the show most days.
In a nut shell and in my opinion Hughes has an agenda against anything Parramatta given he didnt get a gig with the club on each occasion hes applied. For Christs sake he tipped The Tigpies to win game one at Bankwest. He confuses Football and Leagues club boards and really has no idea and I'm sure really wouldnt want to know as it wouldn't suit his agenda.
Comments such as "Max's reforms have been overwhelmingly voted against on 4 separate occasions" are pure rubbish. He has no idea of the 75% YES vote required nor does he realise only 101 members are voting NO.
Some dude named Charlie rang and of cause Hughes believed every word he said.
I dont ring talk back shows but I must admit I was tempted. I was pretty busy and when I finally had some time I had come to my senses. Lol.
Im a big fan of Brett Papworth however. I reckon hes great value.

Good summary and pretty much backs up my original version.
I was tempted to call them as well. It just annoys me that they have no idea and sometimes just take callers for their word.
For instance, last week someone rang and said that there will be no safe standing at Bankwest for the A-League. Well, he got that wrong and they believed it, although they didn't particularly care as they only care about RL and AFL.
I rang to correct the wrong fact, but couldn't get on. When they rang me back to go to air, I missed the call and missed out. After that, I couldn't have been f**king bothered.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Good summary and pretty much backs up my original version.
I was tempted to call them as well. It just annoys me that they have no idea and sometimes just take callers for their word.
For instance, last week someone rang and said that there will be no safe standing at Bankwest for the A-League. Well, he got that wrong and they believed it, although they didn't particularly care as they only care about RL and AFL.
I rang to correct the wrong fact, but couldn't get on. When they rang me back to go to air, I missed the call and missed out. After that, I couldn't have been f**king bothered.
I suspect they do know the facts but aren't interested in them. They make their living selling drama to deadshits. Advertisers pay a lot of money for all those listeners.

84 Baby

Referee
Eagleston and the rest of Roy's cronies might think they are smart but based on something I heard late yesterday, Max may be about to checkmate them... hehe.
Not posting details on here but if true - suck it up Spags and Co.
Does it have to do with the LGBTI?

emjaycee

Coach
Does it have to do with the LGBTI?
Them or their Russian twin
MV5BMjA4ODQ3NjUzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTkwNzA5Ng@@._V1_.jpg

84 Baby

Referee
Eagleston and the rest of Roy's cronies might think they are smart but based on something I heard late yesterday, Max may be about to checkmate them... hehe.
Not posting details on here but if true - suck it up Spags and Co.
Or are you inferring that the Gutho signing will be powerful enough to enforce constitutional reform! No wonder it took so long