What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jdb case

Status
Not open for further replies.

boardlumps62

Juniors
I hope he appeals mad it he doesnt otherwise sits it out til other case resolved. Unless he can go to england but probably cant because of seriousness of case. Appeal gets a different judge different outcome. Sad for us dragons just hope he if found not guilty in next case and sues the ass off NRL.

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
Hey fellas, can anyone explain to me where the NRL's 11 years came from, anyone facing a jail term of 11 years or more, is this a number picked from a hat or was it a number chosen to eliminate Jack but let all others off?

2010Dragons

Bench
Game, set and season for Dragons and jack.
I was hopeful that jack would have played for us again. But the shit has hit fan.

Carlton

Juniors
Anyone who thinks the NRL is a level playing field is nuts. Forget about De Belin for a minute, the fact that rival clubs sided with the NRL stinks.

Souths getting $1million relief for Inglis stinks, remember Nielson who couldn't even pick up his kids and St George couldn't get relief until they'd jumped through every hoop imaginable.

St George want to sign Packer so the NRL insist on him proving himself for what 2 years and yet Broncos want Lodge and in minimal time he's playing for them.

And to top it off Alan Joyce pushes his personal agendas once again, I am personally sick of him using Qantas to brow beat people into doing his bidding.

St George grow some balls and stop copping it sweet, it doesn't work.

PS: this isn't about De Belin playing as I have stated previously

Last edited by a moderator:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Considering Dylan Walker’s recent reprieval, I would have thought Debellin would have received the same result.

I wonder why consistency hasn’t been applied here? Is it due to the severity of the allegations or something far more insidious?

Last edited:

Gardenia

Juniors
I hope he appeals mad it he doesnt otherwise sits it out til other case resolved. Unless he can go to england but probably cant because of seriousness of case. Appeal gets a different judge different outcome. Sad for us dragons just hope he if found not guilty in next case and sues the ass off NRL.
He would never be able to afford it

Gardenia

Juniors
I hope now that this decision is made that Dragons management take up the fight with the Nrl and have them pay his wages for their rules. We're now quite disadvantaged as a team
we are most surely disadvantaged as a team
look at the top 3 teams on the ladder - all the rich teams
I respect the judges decision but why do they have to kick
the club and fans in the teeth what have we done

SnowDragon

Juniors
Clearly this wasn’t an easy case to adjudicate, and an appeal may have an effect (but that’s enough for me). So, even though I was leaning towards the opposing thought, I fully respect the decision of the Judge.

Can we please move forward!

And the only bit I am dirty on is that the NRL make a decision, Dragons take the costs and inconvenience, distraction and play down on players. Intentional or not, we get bent over on this one, and yes, decisions like the Inglis salary relief really seem to suggest favourable treatment...

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Anyone who thinks the NRL is a level playing field is nuts. Forget about De Belin for a minute, the fact that rival clubs sided with the NRL stinks.

Souths getting $1million relief for Inglis stinks, remember Nielson who couldn't even pick up his kids and St George couldn't get relief until they'd jumped through every hoop imaginable.

St George want to sign Packer so the NRL insist on him proving himself for what 2 years and yet Broncos want Lodge and in minimal time he's playing for them.

And to top it off Alan Joyce pushes his personal agendas once again, I am personally sick of him using Qantas to brow beat people into doing his bidding.

St George grow some balls and stop copping it sweet, it doesn't work.

PS: this isn't about De Belin playing as I have stated previously

It was Dylan Farrell, not Neilson.

From memory, the latter was expelled after a night out on the piss went awry.

Kind of ironic given this thread’s subject matter.

Life's Good

Coach
Hey fellas, can anyone explain to me where the NRL's 11 years came from, anyone facing a jail term of 11 years or more, is this a number picked from a hat or was it a number chosen to eliminate Jack but let all others off?

From what I recall(by no means am I 100% certain)but I think you’ll find the 11 years is based on serious alleged offences(sexual assault, aggravated violence, domestic abuse). The NRL needed a threshold otherwise the rule would have applied, potentially, to speeding offences, shoplifting etc. which are at the lower end for sentences & would have opened it up to have more players on the sideline than would be deemed acceptable given their nature. Again, I’m not entirely sure so happy to be corrected.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Considering Dylan Walker’s recent reprieval, I would have thought Debellin would have received the same result.

I wonder why consistency hasn’t been applied here? Is it die to the severity of the allegations or something far more insidious?

The only consistancy is that Beattie is and absolute A--re!
I realyy depised the person.
Whether JBD is guilty or not is an unkown, what is known is that Beattie went all out to make sure Jack was wiped out of the game, immediately.

Greenburg wouldn't had the backbone to do this, this was all Beattie.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

I wonder why consistency hasn’t been applied here? Is it die to the severity of the allegations or something far more insidious?
I dunno...

Maybe something about the fact that the charges against Walker were dropped, whilst DeBelin is still facing his charges..

Only a minor difference, really..

utility dragon

Juniors
What ever side you sit on with Jack, I’m on the fence but regardless, WE have lost a state of origin player! WHEN, do we get to replace him within the cap? Trent Merrin? Someone else? We’ve been playing a player short, we need to sign a quality forward now!

BIG RIG

Juniors
f**kn glamour club the bunnies receive their 1 million dollar war chest just for GI retiring yet St George are now disadvantaged for 2 yrs cause the f**kn gronks in the NRL don’t give us money to find a replacement and we are down 800k per yr

It’s like we are being penalised

I always new that Roosters, Broncos , Storm and Bunnies were favoured rest of the clubs are left to die

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I dunno...

Maybe something about the fact that the charges against Walker were dropped, whilst DeBelin is still facing his charges..

Only a minor difference, really..

Notice the words “I wonder” and the question mark at the end of my sentence?

It denotes uncertainty.

You really are a special kind of “stoopid” (sic).

Now, back to ignoring your banality.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Notice the words “I wonder” and the question mark at the end of my sentence?

It denotes uncertainty.

You really are a special kind of “stoopid” (sic).

Now, back to ignoring your banality.
Curious.. what is there to be “uncertain” about when it comes to the difference between facing charges and not facing charges...?

Status
Not open for further replies.