What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it time for the NRL to stand down (with pay) players charged with a violent crime?

Should a player charged with a violent crime be stood down from NRL until the matter is resolved?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Last Week

Bench
In that he pays the price of demonstrating to other players what can happen to your career if you aren't careful and the chips don't fall your way.

He's not being stood down because he went out on the piss and cheated on his missus. He's being stood down because of the allegations against him.

It's pretty clear he's being stood down for the games reputations sake.

TheFrog

Coach
He's not being stood down because he went out on the piss and cheated on his missus. He's being stood down because of the allegations against him.

It's pretty clear he's being stood down for the games reputations sake.
I think they are standing him down due to the potential for further damage to the game if he plays. The alleged events leading up to this position being reached aren't the reason, they are just what led to the current position.

Different way of saying the same thing, really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just digging this thread up as the court ruling on Jack de Bellin's challenge to the policy is to be handed down, I believe, at 4.00 pm (AEST) today.

T-Boon

Coach
Instead of banning players who have allegations against them and wrecking their presumption of innocence (keeping in mind the NSW police have a terrible record against NRL players) I think the NRL should bring in rules banning tattoos and also making players bring their mothers to the game rather than their girlfriends.

Instead of banning players who have allegations against them and wrecking their presumption of innocence (keeping in mind the NSW police have a terrible record against NRL players) I think the NRL should bring in rules banning tattoos and also making players bring their mothers to the game rather than their girlfriends.

Lol, if you ban tattoos the NRL would be lucky to be able to field a single team.

mave

Coach
I'm hoping DeBelin wins, and it is Toddy's Waterloo.
Then I hope DeBelin, Walker, etc sue the inconsistent fker, and the NRL, for whatever they can get.

Shark62

Juniors
I'm hoping DeBelin wins, and it is Toddy's Waterloo.
Then I hope DeBelin, Walker, etc sue the inconsistent fker, and the NRL, for whatever they can get.
What a great outcome that would be for the game ........

Shark62

Juniors
What if their mothers have tattoos?

mave

Coach
What a great outcome that would be for the game ........

Greenburg being forced to ride off into the sunset?. Yes agreed, a great outcome, possibly the greatest outcome of all time for Rugby League lovers.

firechild

First Grade
I'm just really not sure how the NRL are demonstrating that they care about their reputation when the current administration allowed Fudge and Lodge back into the game.

Today is a sad day for the law in Australia.

If JDB is found guilty, I'll join the lynch mob but until that day, I'm not prepared to make judgement nor am I willing to say that the NRL is wrong for having allowed him to play with this hanging over him.

taipan

Referee
Greenburg being forced to ride off into the sunset?. Yes agreed, a great outcome, possibly the greatest outcome of all time for Rugby League lovers.

Not now mate.The court vindicated Beattie and the Commission's decision.

I'll be honest, the game ,even if a Shark's player was involved, is more important to me.
If the game ended up in the mess the ARU is in financially ,I'd be gutted

mave

Coach
Not now mate.The court vindicated Beattie and the Commission's decision.

I'll be honest, the game ,even if a Shark's player was involved, is more important to me.
If the game ended up in the mess the ARU is in financially ,I'd be gutted

So now we have the farcical scenario where Mr Consistency is Over-rated gets to indefinately suspend charged players, on his personal whim.
Chee-Kam played on.
Walker sat out.
I guess Chee-Kam was just lucky the Uber driver had a penis.

All whilst offering personal character references for alledged speeding drink drivers.

taipan

Referee
So now we have the farcical scenario where Mr Consistency is Over-rated gets to indefinately suspend charged players, on his personal whim.
Chee-Kam played on.
Walker sat out.
I guess Chee-Kam was just lucky the Uber driver had a penis.

All whilst offering personal character references for alledged speeding drink drivers.

I'm like you I don't like the inconsistency.But I want the game to still be around with sponsors putting money in, for my grandkids down the line.The offseason was absolute crap.

One allegation Ok I understand, but a cluster of allegations against women ,sorry I'm shattered.

We've had politicians involved with drink driving, some kept their jobs.

Trouble is even the law ,makes decisions that are inconsistent many times, and punishment.That leaves people scratching their heads.And judges on their whim can give one murderer life or 25 years, another 10 years with a 2 year parole.go figure.

firechild

First Grade
I'm like you I don't like the inconsistency.But I want the game to still be around with sponsors putting money in, for my grandkids down the line.The offseason was absolute crap.

One allegation Ok I understand, but a cluster of allegations against women ,sorry I'm shattered.
Why are you only upset when the allegations relate to women?

mave

Coach

We've had politicians involved with drink driving, some kept their jobs.

Trouble is even the law ,makes decisions that are inconsistent many times, and punishment.That leaves people scratching their heads.And judges on their whim can give one murderer life or 25 years, another 10 years with a 2 year parole.go figure.

And when Greenburg has met the criteria to be appointerd as a judge in a court of law, then I would agree that he is in a position to make captains calls on these issues.
Until then, we are left with inconsistencies and junior girls touch footy teams opinions.

And when Greenburg has met the criteria to be appointerd as a judge in a court of law, then I would agree that he is in a position to make captains calls on these issues.
Until then, we are left with inconsistencies and junior girls touch footy teams opinions.

Rubbish, of course de Belin should be stood down. I've bn proved right today, I'm also right that we should go to 11 a side with a 5m defensive line, no kicking in the oppositions half.