What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Cam Smith lost his mantle?

Who’s the best ref in the game?

• Cam Smith

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Sam Burgess

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

Vic Mackey

Referee
As the best referee in the game? Sam Burgess has really stepped up this year. Instead of slyly talking refs around like Cam he point blank tells them when his side deserves a penalty and gets it. It’s a well developed skill and I feel Smith is a bit down on form atm

HowHigh

Coach
Gavin Cooper managed to tell a referee today he was "a f**king joke" and got a warning. That's strong stuff.
Five citations, and you're looking at a violation. Four of those, and you'll receive a verbal warning. Keep it up, and you're looking at a written warning. Two of those, that will land you in a world of hurt, in the form of a disciplinary review, written up by me, and placed on the desk of my immediate superior.

It's called 'advocacy'.

Some of the referees are getting paid more than some of the players they are disadvantaging - so good on Smith and Burgess for holding the referees accountable and ensuring they properly perform their duties.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
It's called 'advocacy'.

Some of the referees are getting paid more than some of the players they are disadvantaging - so good on Smith and Burgess for holding the referees accountable and ensuring they properly perform their duties.
In a consistent and fair manner....

Personally, I want to see refs tell captains that constantly instruct them how to do their job to shut up or sit down

Diesel

Referee
Has anyone been sin binned this weekend?
Graham Annesley made some Todd Greenburger styled threats earlier this week but I haven’t seen anything on field to back it up

Someguy

First Grade
I have been saying this for years, Sam points at the play the ball it’s a knock on. If he knocks on he gets the chance to overturn and call a penalty.

Last nights call was all kinds of wrong, it was play on untill Sam got up and head butted the tigers player. The tigers player was then penalised for something in the tackle, the call seemingly came from the bunker as refs had already cleared the play, is the bunker only allowed to intervene on offences that will go on report!?

Diesel

Referee
I have been saying this for years, Sam points at the play the ball it’s a knock on. If he knocks on he gets the chance to overturn and call a penalty.

Last nights call was all kinds of wrong, it was play on untill Sam got up and head butted the tigers player. The tigers player was then penalised for something in the tackle, the call seemingly came from the bunker as refs had already cleared the play, is the bunker only allowed to intervene on offences that will go on report!?
The bunker can interfere if it’s not the Broncos, Roosters, Souths or Melbourne

gerg

Juniors

Much worse look for the game than the JWH tackle. Will Sammy get sited? Yeah, nah.

Pommy

Coach
As the best referee in the game? Sam Burgess has really stepped up this year. Instead of slyly talking refs around like Cam he point blank tells them when his side deserves a penalty and gets it. It’s a well developed skill and I feel Smith is a bit down on form atm

images

Latest posts