What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

IMO

Juniors
Another stupid uneducated comment ,a what a surprise
True but i can write
Asquiths defense is top notch this season. Cabramatta had set after set on their line and couldn't score and looked frustrated and clueless by the end. It was the same zero scoreline vs Hills last week. I've always rated Honeti Tuha but Asquith belted him today frim the first minute until the 80th and it looks like they got the better of the trade with Kiel. They are still a shade below the top 3 but are closing the gap, as are Wests.
Who has Cabra got their eye on this week to bolster their ranks?
Did speak to one if their coaches today n he seems to think they will be playing their best footy at finals time.

True but i can write

Did speak to one if their coaches today n he seems to think they will be playing their best footy at finals time.
Their coaches also said that Asquith were hopeless and in for a tough day...... One of the coaching staff has been talking smack for weeks about Asquith. Apparently the coaches left the players after the match. Didn't even go in and speak to them.

Last edited:

Pantherman72

Juniors
True but i can write

No idea who they have their eye on.
Did you ask him what is stopping them finding it now or in the next 3 month's before the finals? Sounds like a cop out statement. They were full strength yesterday.

rightleftin

Juniors
Did you ask him what is stopping them finding it now or in the next 3 month's before the finals? Sounds like a cop out statement. They were full strength yesterday.

This highlights the absurdity of the finals system. We have 5 teams doing well and clearly above the rest but as bad as Cabra are going all they have to do is win another 3 or 4 games to stay above the bottom 3 and they are in the finals. They cant beat any decent team at the moment but the squad is strong on paper and if everything fell into place they could fluke something they don't deserve.

Reactions: IMO

IMO

Juniors
Think they are clinging to any kind of hope. Should be top 2 or 3 with their squad.

kbw

Bench
It is Matt Tompkins isn't it? There was a post that Brothers were getting players from Various clubs including Cabra. You asked who was from Cabra and the response was Matty and Big Red and you said Matty will have less travel.

I think this is the only place I hear that Matt was at Brothers until I saw him at St Marys. Any news about big Red haven't seen him any where

Pantherman72

Juniors
This highlights the absurdity of the finals system. We have 5 teams doing well and clearly above the rest but as bad as Cabra are going all they have to do is win another 3 or 4 games to stay above the bottom 3 and they are in the finals. They cant beat any decent team at the moment but the squad is strong on paper and if everything fell into place they could fluke something they don't deserve.
How many teams have won the competition outside the top 4?

kbw

Bench
SS today - a Cabra side including 5 Bulldogs, has continued its unbeaten run with a 35-12 win over Asquith. John Olive has scored 2 tries for the winners. James Mirceski has returned from Brisbane and been added to the Asquith squad. Ben Marschke became the 10th player to appear in all 3 grades this season - 5 games in NSW Cup, 2 in RMC, 1 in SS.

What was Ben Marschhke sent off for ?

rightleftin

Juniors
RMC

Wenty 24 Guildford 10
St Marys 40 Glebe Burwood 12

With Allan Fitzgibbon, Kurt Falls and Meni Luke all playing NSW Cup, Chris Aunese Scanlon, Jake Maizen and Shannan Wood came back into the side after playing SS last week. Maizen scoed a double. Glebe Burwood included Cruz Topai-Aveai from the Sharks top 30.

SS

Guildford 30 Wenty 20
St Marys 24 University 17
ECE 56 Hills 16
Moorebank 64 Belrose 16
Ryde Eastwood 44 Brothers 10

Cowan Epere became the 11th player to appear in all 3 grades when he played for St Marys today - 2 games in NSW Cup, 4 in RMC and 1 in SS.

rightleftin

Juniors
How many teams have won the competition outside the top 4?

Fair point but in each of the last 2 years a lower team has reached the GF. In SS last year Guildford won 7 out of 18 and in 2017 Auburn RMC won 9 and lost 9. They both came up against dominant teams but sooner or later someone will do it.

Pantherman72

Juniors
Fair point but in each of the last 2 years a lower team has reached the GF. In SS last year Guildford won 7 out of 18 and in 2017 Auburn RMC won 9 and lost 9. They both came up against dominant teams but sooner or later someone will do it.
Yeh I agree with you about the top 8 vs top 5 but just wasn't sure if anyone had won from outside the top 4. This year is the most competitive I've seen the Ron Massey Cup so it wouldn't surprise if it happened.

Butts74

Juniors
Some very big score lines in today’s games ? What are your thoughts ? East Campbeltown put hills to the sword. There structure was bad and there defence was terrible , the inclusions of Tom young ,Dion Mooney and a few others were still not good enough. They lack attack badly and d is very poor for SS quality . I think coach dan Jackson needs to make some changes because the team he has are pretty terrible.

rightleftin

Juniors
Some very big score lines in today’s games ? What are your thoughts ? East Campbeltown put hills to the sword. There structure was bad and there defence was terrible , the inclusions of Tom young ,Dion Mooney and a few others were still not good enough. They lack attack badly and d is very poor for SS quality . I think coach dan Jackson needs to make some changes because the team he has are pretty terrible.

Hills have Belrose this week so Hills should produce their first win since round 3. The listed side has Dave Baumann, Pat Bolea and Chris McCoy included.