What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 vs Sharks

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
So super coach is not disappointed with that performance, he is actually quite excited.

Apparently the Sharks getting a 5-1 penalty count in the 2nd half from the referees gave them all that momentum to win the game. But the boys were brave etc etc.

Didn’t mention the first half penalty count though or the momentum the lads had from that, but failed to capitalise upon.

Wanker

Miller, if I wanted to criticise the coach today I would simply be asking why this is the first game that Robson has played this year. He added some spark and enthusiasm to the attack, a spark we could have done with all season. While my second question would be why do we have such little onfield leadership? Is it because we have 3 captains appointed?

I think the last 2 weeks followed by the week off represent a turning point. The finals are gone but the Dragons will only achieve some value from this season if Mary recognises this. If he persists with the hope of finals footy and that leads to safe selections like Lattimore then we could enter wooden spoon territory and gain nothing from the season.

Let's see who in addition to Robson can bring some value to this team. Find out who is worth persevering with in the future. Is Timm one for the future? What about Kerr? Give him some decent time. What's there to lose now?

Finally for Dragons' fans. Like it or not the season is gone. Sadly Mary has been reappointed. We can do no more than support the team week by week but at least do so free of the stress of worrying whether we will make the 8 this year.

Miller, if I wanted to criticise the coach today I would simply be asking why this is the first game that Robson has played this year. He added some spark and enthusiasm to the attack, a spark we could have done with all season. While my second question would be why do we have such little onfield leadership? Is it because we have 3 captains appointed?

I think the last 2 weeks followed by the week off represent a turning point. The finals are gone but the Dragons will only achieve some value from this season if Mary recognises this. If he persists with the hope of finals footy and that leads to safe selections like Lattimore then we could enter wooden spoon territory and gain nothing from the season.

Let's see who in addition to Robson can bring some value to this team. Find out who is worth persevering with in the future. Is Timm one for the future? What about Kerr? Give him some decent time. What's there to lose now?

Finally for Dragons' fans. Like it or not the season is gone. Sadly Mary has been reappointed. We can do no more than support the team week by week but at least do so free of the stress of worrying whether we will make the 8 this year.
Just commented on Robson in another thread. 100% dragonsteve2. In a beaten side he was very impressive. Keep using him as a middle forward. If he keeps going like that or improves it would be fabulous for the dragons

Eastview

Juniors
It seems as though people are reading what the fans are saying as it seems the Dragons Facebook page has removed the posts about the game due to what the fans were saying. They probably think removing it will make it go away

Bench
Just commented on Robson in another thread. 100% dragonsteve2. In a beaten side he was very impressive. Keep using him as a middle forward. If he keeps going like that or improves it would be fabulous for the dragons
Robson has signed a contract with the cowboys I think, 4 year deal
Congrats to your team,

Mickthedragon

Juniors
It seems as though people are reading what the fans are saying as it seems the Dragons Facebook page has removed the posts about the game due to what the fans were saying. They probably think removing it will make it go away
I just finished work and was wondering what happened to that as i hadn't seen it yet. From what i saw of the game at work, we were unlucky with injuries but those that stayed fit were rubbish.
I'm glad we don't have to play next week cause i've had enough of this sh*t already. When's the off season?

Life's Good

Coach
Granted we lost players during the game but that doesn’t excuse the lack of fire from the team across the park. I thought McInnes & Robson were our best. I continue to be impressed by Field. Lomax was just trying too hard at times. Luc looks like he’s gone off the boil.
I’m not sure how we turn it around but can only hope the bye allows us to freshen up & get some fit players back otherwise it’s going to be a miserable winter.

jeffdragon

Bench
Lomax was out of position for sharks 2nd try.
In second half moylan was on side where bomb went up, the ball should have went to the middle for a chip.
Blinkers are on for us .

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I'm going to be easy with Lomax on this one. It's his very first game of fullback in the first grade. Not an easy position to play. He took every bomb that came his way, nearly made every tackle, ( he had 24 tackles and one ineffective tackle ) and made his metres. He should be proud of the way he played today. For his first game at fullback, being 19 years old, he was quite mature. Heads up Zac. Nobody is perfect when they start in the first grade. Was GI? Was Billy? No. Lomax will only get better with time, and I'm excited about what he'll produce for us in the future.

Mark D

Juniors
T
throw some bux at him... He just may renege on his cowboys deal

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
After travelling down by car from Qld for a week in Sydney and back to my home stomping ground the shire , I was really looking forward to the game......travelled with anticipation down to Win stadium but as usual just witnessed the same old shit...to say tonight I am disappointed is an understatement. .had great seats high up in the grandstand which gave me a chance to take in the whole field in......but just like our past few games there were gaps you could drive a semi through....we were bunched, unorganised and as usual ran one out in the forwards.....the one positive was Robsons game...I was very impressed with his effort.....as for Hunt I have been very lenient but now realise we paid overs for him...he just doesnt deliver in the clutch moments and his kicking game was rubbish....and as for Aitken he is totally useless and ineffective and should be dropped .....and finally unless McGrexits term as coach is terminated I wont be going to any more of our games....end of story

blacksafake

First Grade
Granted we lost players during the game but that doesn’t excuse the lack of fire from the team across the park. I thought McInnes & Robson were our best. I continue to be impressed by Field. Lomax was just trying too hard at times. Luc looks like he’s gone off the boil.
I’m not sure how we turn it around but can only hope the bye allows us to freshen up & get some fit players back otherwise it’s going to be a miserable winter.
Agree with most LG but I’m yet to see a lot in Field. He looks & plays like a touch footy player. I’m not sure where he fits in. Maybe a bench player.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I'm going to be easy with Lomax on this one. It's his very first game of fullback in the first grade. Not an easy position to play. He took every bomb that came his way, nearly made every tackle, ( he had 24 tackles and one ineffective tackle ) and made his metres. He should be proud of the way he played today. For his first game at fullback, being 19 years old, he was quite mature. Heads up Zac. Nobody is perfect when they start in the first grade. Was GI? Was Billy? No. Lomax will only get better with time, and I'm excited about what he'll produce for us in the future.
I think Lomax will be our long term fullback.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Agree with most LG but I’m yet to see a lot in Field. He looks & plays like a touch footy player. I’m not sure where he fits in. Maybe a bench player.
I can see what your are saying about field, but I think he has held his own in the 3 games he played. He hasn't been a turnstile in defence, like numerous posters on here said he would be. I would be playing him centre, when Norman comes back. If Lafai is fit, then he would replace Aitken.

Life's Good

Coach
My view on Field is based on his defence. Our forwards are getting caned meaning he isn’t getting the room that say, Widdop was getting last year & carving up as a result.
Id like to see how he goes when we get some forward momentum but at this stage I’m not holding my breath.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Ironic or cursed when Lafai went off injured, Mcfraud didn't have a waste of a bench player sitting on bench to cover that injury! Also if you were at WIN today our warm up was very uninspiring for fans!! No wonder why we were not vocal on the hill! I actually heard some Dragon supporters hoping Sharks put 50 on us!
I don’t care who is our coach or how bad our guys are playing, no ‘supporter ‘ of the RedV should ever, ever, hope that the Sharks, or any other club, put 50 points on us. Yeah, yeah I can hear ‘it’s the only way we will get rid of Mary’ line, but if any supporters out there want us to be flogged, find a new club to follow.

Wittenberg

Juniors
It’s a shame that Robson will not be in our colours next year. He looks a natural footballer. It’s funny that we did not want to go down the path of a two booker rotation, but NQ, who have Glanvile do. Robson has versatility, pace and strength. I know one game wonders are a dime a dozen, but I think we got a glimpse today of just how good Robson will be for the Cowboys.

Wittenberg

Juniors
My view on Field is based on his defence. Our forwards are getting caned meaning he isn’t getting the room that say, Widdop was getting last year & carving up as a result.
Id like to see how he goes when we get some forward momentum but at this stage I’m not holding my breath.
While Hunt is away on Origin duty I wouldn’t mind seeing Field have a go at half. Norman will be the general but perhaps Field could cause some difficulty for sides if he trails our forwards.

Latest posts