What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I think it’s strange and quite sad that a once superstar of the game Hayne has just been cast aside... he was a polarising character and is obviously up for a serious offence, but really he is in the exact same position of JDB except he didn’t have a contract.

JDB has been in the headlines all year fighting for his right to play, but at least he is still getting paid. If this had all come out a few weeks later then Hayne would most likely be signed to the Eels or another club and be in the exact same position as JDB probably in court fighting to play. The way it has gone though it made him untouchable for any professional sporting club to sign him.

As mentioned JDB is getting paid and I’m sure he would be getting help for the mental side of his situation through the Dragons/NRL, I doubt Hayne has been given that luxury.

You see another great GI retire in glory and now see he has been struggling and the outpouring of support has been immense for him.

I understand he has put himself in this position but Hayne has been cast aside by the Rugby League community and if he is found not guilty in the end then it has cruelled him of a farewell that he deserves, at 31 with a full year out of the game he is most likely done... imagine what his mental state is like and moving forward?

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
I think it’s strange and quite sad that a once superstar of the game Hayne has just been cast aside... he was a polarising character and is obviously up for a serious offence, but really he is in the exact same position of JDB except he didn’t have a contract.

JDB has been in the headlines all year fighting for his right to play, but at least he is still getting paid. If this had all come out a few weeks later then Hayne would most likely be signed to the Eels or another club and be in the exact same position as JDB probably in court fighting to play. The way it has gone though it made him untouchable for any professional sporting club to sign him.

As mentioned JDB is getting paid and I’m sure he would be getting help for the mental side of his situation through the Dragons/NRL, I doubt Hayne has been given that luxury.

You see another great GI retire in glory and now see he has been struggling and the outpouring of support has been immense for him.

I understand he has put himself in this position but Hayne has been cast aside be the Rugby League community and if he is found not guilty in the end then it has cruelled him of a farewell that he deserves, at 31 with a full year out of the game he is most likely done... imagine what his mental state is like and moving forward?

From what I read STG has not yet be given any clarity over what cap relief is available to them. Probably a quid pro quo for the player taking it to the federal court.

In the absence of a clear position on cap relief, no club is going to join the queue to have Hayne on their books.

Happy MEel

First Grade

I understand he has put himself in this position but Hayne has been cast aside be the Rugby League community and if he is found not guilty in the end then it has cruelled him of a farewell that he deserves, at 31 with a full year out of the game he is most likely done... imagine what his mental state is like and moving forward?
To be fair, Hayne has plenty of opportunities to sign a contract with us for 2019 and had he done so, he would be getting the support and money JDB is currently getting.

He took the gamble and held out for more money and lost, so it’s pretty hard to feel too sorry for him.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
To be fair, Hayne has plenty of opportunities to sign a contract with us for 2019 and had he done so, he would be getting the support and money JDB is currently getting.

He took the gamble and held out for more money and lost, so it’s pretty hard to feel too sorry for him.

From what I remember they were always talking about waiting till the end of the season before nutting out a deal? both Parra and Haynes team.

Anyways that's no excuse for the NRL/Men of League not to have reached out to him for support... and who knows maybe they have? I just find it strange that a guy who was once the Posterboy of the League is out in the cold and there has been little to no media attention on him either negative or positive... really weird.

I'm only guessing, perhaps Hayne has been turning down interviews and gone into hiding... It's just a sad end to what was a great career. Just made me think after the last couple of weeks in those tight scrappy games so often he would be the difference in us winning or losing those.

strider

Post Whore
Yeah im on the fence with hayne .... i get where you are coming from with him probably not getting much support .... but i also see he has made a bucketload of shit decisions leading to his current situation

Eelogical

Referee
Yeah im on the fence with hayne .... i get where you are coming from with him probably not getting much support .... but i also see he has made a bucketload of shit decisions leading to his current situation
I kinda agree. Just not sure if I would shout him a fish taco.

Kornstar

Coach

He should be a case study that all youngsters should be made aware of. When they take them to these classrooms for domestic violence and social media etc. a class on Hayne and how you can really f**k up your legacy should be taught.

Who the f**k was advising him after his first year in the NFL? It all went down hill when he quit the 49ers.......

T-Boon

Coach
He should be a case study that all youngsters should be made aware of. When they take them to these classrooms for domestic violence and social media etc. a class on Hayne and how you can really f**k up your legacy should be taught.

Who the f**k was advising him after his first year in the NFL? It all went down hill when he quit the 49ers.......

I get where you are coming from with this as it relates to social media....don't do tinder or strangers.
But domestic violence?????
Where in the living hell have you come up with this!!!!!

Kornstar

Coach
I get where you are coming from with this as it relates to social media....don't do tinder or strangers.

My domestic violence comment is in relation to the classroom sessions they have with young players, it wasn't directed at Hayne.

I was saying that when they do their classrooms for those things, they should then have a session on Hayne as a case study in general.

T-Boon

Coach
My domestic violence comment is in relation to the classroom sessions they have with young players, it wasn't directed at Hayne.

I was saying that when they do their classrooms for those things, they should then have a session on Hayne as a case study in general.

Ok, I get a bit defensive about Hayne because...favourite footballer of all time and I've met him and he seems like a good fella.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I’m not referring to Hayne’s guilt or innocence here, but you do realise that sexual assault (which hayne has been charged with) is a form of domestic violence don’t you?

emjaycee

Coach
I’m not referring to Hayne’s guilt or innocence here, but you do realise that sexual assault (which hayne has been charged with) is a form of domestic violence don’t you?

Umm... from the WhiteRibbon website:
Domestic violence refers to violence, abuse and intimidation between people who are are currently or have previously been in an intimate relationship. The perpetrator uses violence to control and dominate the other person.

Not sure Hayne had a current or previous relationship with the alleged victim.
Whilst domestic violence can be in the form of sexual assault, not all sexual assault is domestic violence.

From the NSW Police website:
Sexual Assault is a general term used to describe a broad range of sexual crimes committed against a person.
These crimes include sexual intercourse without consent, aggravated sexual assault, indecent assault and acts of indecency (these offences generally involve inappropriate touching, including genitals or other intimate areas or forcing a person to touch the genitals or intimate areas of another person). An offence is aggravated if there is a threat, whether actual or implied, or it is done in the company of other people, or is committed upon a person under a certain age or under authority of a person (teacher/relative/carer) or involves the use of a weapon, force or threat. Sexual Assault is a crime of violence. It aims to humiliate and degrade the victim and can occur within marriage.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Umm... from the WhiteRibbon website:

Not sure Hayne had a current or previous relationship with the alleged victim.
Whilst domestic violence can be in the form of sexual assault, not all sexual assault is domestic violence.

From the NSW Police website:
I’d say that the relationship Hayne had with the alleged victim was intimate in nature, no matter how brief.

“An intimate partner is a person with whom you have or had a close personal or sexual relationship.”

https://www.womenshealth.gov/relationships-and-safety/domestic-violence

emjaycee

Coach
I’d say that the relationship Hayne had with the alleged victim was intimate in nature, no matter how brief.

“An intimate partner is a person with whom you have or had a close personal or sexual relationship.”

https://www.womenshealth.gov/relationships-and-safety/domestic-violence
OK. You do realise that there can be a difference between domestic violence and other violent activities and just because one may occur in the domicile of either party, does not make it 'domestic' violence?

Seriously, do you think of the Hayne alleged matter as domestic violence?
If so, you are mistaken.

In fact the QLD Police website goes into further details on what is considered "domestic violence" and even include a definition of "an intimate personal relationship":
Domestic violence relationships
Violence is considered domestic violence when any of the behaviours listed above take place in any of these relationships:
  • an intimate personal relationship—two people (regardless of gender) who are, or were, a couple, engaged, married, in a de facto relationship, the parents of a child or in a registered relationship (a legally recognised relationship between two people regardless of gender)
  • a family relationship—two relatives (by marriage or blood), including a child over 18, parent, stepchild, stepparent, brother, sister, grandparent, aunt, uncle, nephew or niece, as for some community groups, a person who is not related by blood or marriage but is considered a relative
  • an informal care relationship—one person who is, or was, depending on another person for help with daily living activities. (Note: It is not considered ‘domestic’ violence when a person is a paid carer under a commercial arrangement.)
I don't think a one-night stand qualifies.

Latest posts