What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The injuries thread.

billygilmore

Juniors
So I’m 35 and start of the year tried to make a comeback playing soccer, played up until I was about 25 so been about 10 years, never had any injuries all the time I had played but since I’ve been back I’ve torn a calf, was 2 weeks out then a quad was another 2 weeks out, next injury I had was a sprained ankle in the warm up of all things, scan showed a complete rupture of the ATFL. This has put me out now for 6 weeks and I’m just feeling now after all the rehab that I can return to at least training.
I guess what I’m asking is any of you mid 30’s guys managed to make somewhat of a competitive comeback at this age because I’m beginning to feel if it’s really worth it with all these injuries, particularly this ankle injury which literally couldn’t walk on for a week when I did it. I’ve always been healthy and maintained some sort of strength training program but I have neglected the cardio and stretching side of things,
Is there any hope at this age or am I just going to stuff my body for later in life

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Interesting thread that I’ve only just come across but would love to hear other people’s views/advice on an old wrist injury I have in which I fell of my bike and hyperextended my left wrist about 7-8 months ago which still isn’t right. I have a constant dull pain in my wrist and every time I move and rotate my wrist it clicks and cracks???

I’m also still unable 7-8 months to do dumbbell wrist curls and barbell curls due to the severe pain.

Pezz70

Juniors
Interesting thread that I’ve only just come across but would love to hear other people’s views/advice on an old wrist injury I have in which I fell of my bike and hyperextended my left wrist about 7-8 months ago which still isn’t right. I have a constant dull pain in my wrist and every time I move and rotate my wrist it clicks and cracks???

I’m also still unable 7-8 months to do dumbbell wrist curls and barbell curls due to the severe pain.

U need an x-ray. You may well have a fracture of the scaphoid. Sometimes after a fracture of this bone it doesn’t heal back together - non union fracture.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
U need an x-ray. You may well have a fracture of the scaphoid. Sometimes after a fracture of this bone it doesn’t heal back together - non union fracture.
Cheers mate. I just thought I had sprained it at first but think that you’re right about the x-ray or even MRI scan.

Latest posts