What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW 2019

BranVan3000

Coach
I would argue Maloney and Cleary were never a great combination and they played their best footy when the other one was absent. Even this season Cleary played one of his better gamed vs Parra and Maloney looked a bit better vs Manly.

Plus Cleary has an existing combo with Cook from last year.

I think Cooks combo with his halves is more significant than the halves themselves.
Cook is doing a great job of just creating time and space for his halves instead of just running. It’s no coincidence that both Reynolds and Walker are playing their best football since peak Issac Luke

Hopefully it helps that well for the Origin spine

aqua_duck

Coach
Even as a Knights fan I don't think you can put Ponga over Teddy, at best they're a tie. Ponga has more individual brilliance and is probably better defensively but Teddy's support play is second to none. Where Ponga will use his footwork and make someone look silly Teddy will break a tackle and make a break or half break will sheer speed, power and determination

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
61641903_889341121411937_7709607497664823296_n.jpg

Spot On

Coach
Everyone laughing at me can suck it.

Ponga and Teddy have been a tie, Cook has been good, but the blues 6 and 7 have been spuds.

... there were plenty of other spuds as well.

How Angus Chricton gets a rep gig is absolutely mindblowing. He was even worse tonight than he was last year. Can't be given another go. And if he is really trying, then he has sold the biggest dummy in RL history.

The Mitchell/Addo Carr pairing was a shocking tonight. Addo Carr looked like he could not have been farked half of that game.

The Canberra players unfortunately were ordinary. Cotric looked a million miles off the pace - slow and weak.

Whighton ... well.

rednwhites

Juniors
Not much change needed for game 2, just a few tweaks

Turbo for JMoz
Reynolds for Cleary
Sims for Crichton
Matterson for Wighton

A few tweaks? How about a complete attitude adjustment. Maroons just had more enthusiasm and aggression in defence.

p.s. Sims has being doing nothing in NRL, no way he gets picked.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Just a little thing, but JAC plays right wing for Storm, Cotric left wing for Canberra. Yet freddy swaps them for Origin. Weird

Spot On

Coach
A few tweaks? How about a complete attitude adjustment. Maroons just had more enthusiasm and aggression in defence.

As is usually the case. We can never match their line speed or numbers in tackles or contact and therefore play the ball speed.

Angus Chricton was playing tips ffs. Refused to make contact in tackles.

super_coach

First Grade
Things I took out of tonight...Teddy is the best no1 in the game and close to the best player.

Cleary is solid but at present not up to SOO standard

NSW bench lacked punch

JAC has lost plenty of pace

Mitchell has his mind elsewhere

NSW have to get some animal into their game

QLD do it year after year not on ability but pure attitude and belief

Spot On

Coach
Things I took out of tonight...Teddy is the best no1 in the game and close to the best player.

Cleary is solid but at present not up to SOO standard

NSW bench lacked punch

JAC has lost plenty of pace

Mitchell has his mind elsewhere

NSW have to get some animal into their game

QLD do it year after year not on ability but pure attitude and belief

At the end of the day, QLD lost a big opportunity to absolutely blow NSW away. Should have won by 24.

A few changes will be necessary but as you say, attitude needs a massive shift.

Maybe some of the need to focus less on Advance Australia Fair and more on representing their state, their people??

Latest posts