What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Go Bunnies

Juniors
How much longer is Alex Johnston out for ? Cory Allen is a long way short from being a first grade full back. He’s good under the high all but offers nothing in attack. No pace or ball handling skills. Also don’t see how Hiroti is still getting picked. Again offers very little
Agree but I think Allan’s real problem is defence - seems to jog behind the try line - no urgency to try and stop the try. Never seems to get to where the ball is.

TheFlash

Juniors
Agree but I think Allan’s real problem is defence - seems to jog behind the try line - no urgency to try and stop the try. Never seems to get to where the ball is.
Looks like he has bulked up too much, was expecting more from him when souths signed him...

callmack1

Staff member
Judiciary Update - Round 13: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/06/08/judiciary-update---round-13/

Brydens Lawyers Injury Update Round 14: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/06/08/brydens-lawyers-injury-update-round-14/

Well that's not great news at all. Not too worried about the charges because both will be out with injury but now Tom is injured!! For frick sake we are getting hit so hard!! It's really getting us down which is really getting me down!

Turner back next week and AJ aswell as Burns due back for Round 15. That's welcome news I guess.

Not gonna lie, I am absolutely shattered. Injuries are just killing our year at the moment and it's heartbreaking. I know there is still a long way to go but this period could hault all our great momentum. That can be hard to get back. Pretty devastating.

Travitoh

First Grade
Judiciary Update - Round 13: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/06/08/judiciary-update---round-13/

Brydens Lawyers Injury Update Round 14: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/06/08/brydens-lawyers-injury-update-round-14/

Well that's not great news at all. Not too worried about the charges because both will be out with injury but now Tom is injured!! For frick sake we are getting hit so hard!! It's really getting us down which is really getting me down!

Turner back next week and AJ aswell as Burns due back for Round 15. That's welcome news I guess.

Not gonna lie, I am absolutely shattered. Injuries are just killing our year at the moment and it's heartbreaking. I know there is still a long way to go but this period could hault all our great momentum. That can be hard to get back. Pretty devastating.

Well we were kissed on the dick last season when it came to injuries so swings and roundabouts i guess.
At least we're seeing guys like Doueihi, Allan and Hiroti get some first grade exposure as a result. One of them could be critical come the pointy end of the season.

southsport

First Grade
Well we were kissed on the dick last season when it came to injuries so swings and roundabouts i guess.
At least we're seeing guys like Doueihi, Allan and Hiroti get some first grade exposure as a result. One of them could be critical come the pointy end of the season.
Jaxson Paulo seems to be going OK in CC, 2 tries today.

callmack1

Staff member
From The Lurker,

Gagai unhappy with impending positional switch

Word out of South Sydney is that Dane Gagai, the Maroons hero from State of Origin One, is restless and considering a change of colours.

Gagai wants to be regarded as a centre rather than winger, and the arrival of Jimmy 'The Jet' Roberts has only added to his frustration.

Coach Wayne Bennett has a tricky situation handling Gagai, whose value on the open market would be huge at the moment after his heroics at Suncorp.

The Rabbitohs won't want to release Gagai at season's end, but Bennett will also be wary of having an unhappy player in his club on big dollars.

I'm not saying that's not true, it may well be but there seems to be stuff all facts in that article!!

Crowe

Juniors
The Lurker is the worst.
I don’t think they have ever go one rumour right.

Back in 2017

https://www.nospam47.com/au/other-s...h-sydney-rabbitohs/1ljomt7jkgmyi1fba2qbsxztvs

There are growing rumblings of discontent inside the camp of Queensland star Dane Gagai.

Gagai joined South Sydney from next year due to the professionalism and attitude of Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire.

Those close to Gagai say he is stunned Maguire has now been booted.

The contract has been signed but to say Gagai is filthy at Maguire's demise would be an understatement.

Stand by, this could become a huge story.

Travitoh

First Grade
Don't rate The Lurker as he's just a column filler imo but if Gagai wants to go he can. Plays three good games a year (on the wing, mind you) but not one of them will be in cardinal and myrtle.

handyman2190

Bench
Don't rate The Lurker as he's just a column filler imo but if Gagai wants to go he can. Plays three good games a year (on the wing, mind you) but not one of them will be in cardinal and myrtle.
I dont believe any of this garbage,he is happy enough to play wing in origin he will be happy at club,whats not to like the most expensive winger in the comp less wear and tear on his body and he might score a few trys, its win win for him,unless bennett thinks he can save 300k and buy a good winger,eg ropana

callmack1

Staff member
Talk seems to be getting louder,

Queensland winger Dane Gagai considering quitting Rabbitohs after James Roberts signing: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...0/news-story/78db3e756371ac942e314b35c8ece14b

Look, it is till all speculation and there is no evidence. I'm not saying it's not true but there is just no evidence at this stage. If it is true, I'd be quite pissed with Gags. I think most people can clearly see he's a better winger than centre but he doesn't seem to be able to see it. Also, he was quite happy to play on the wing at the start of the year so why is that any different now? Does he not realise how many tries he could be scoring with Reyno, Sam and Jimmy inside him?

Also, like Paul Kent said on NRL 360 tonight, if it is true, it has the potential to divide the playing group that has been a happy camp for this Season.

Hopefully it's not true but who knows?

handyman2190

Bench
Talk seems to be getting louder,

Queensland winger Dane Gagai considering quitting Rabbitohs after James Roberts signing: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...0/news-story/78db3e756371ac942e314b35c8ece14b

Look, it is till all speculation and there is no evidence. I'm not saying it's not true but there is just no evidence at this stage. If it is true, I'd be quite pissed with Gags. I think most people can clearly see he's a better winger than centre but he doesn't seem to be able to see it. Also, he was quite happy to play on the wing at the start of the year so why is that any different now? Does he not realise how many tries he could be scoring with Reyno, Sam and Jimmy inside him?

Also, like Paul Kent said on NRL 360 tonight, if it is true, it has the potential to divide the playing group that has been a happy camp for this Season.

Hopefully it's not true but who knows?
Part of the speculation ive read today says that after his origin efforts his worth has skyrocketed, so greed has cut in now, the cowboys being down on players would have made him an offer to play FB and probably more than the 700 we are paying,im willing to bet this is whats behind this BS
He is a qlder and probably dosent mind going back, and before anyone says this is not allowed, is living in dreamland teams are always trying to poach players,personally if true,id release him at the end of the season, and he can choke playing up there. Ropana hasnt signed yet i would offer him 400k and save 300k and good ridance

Travitoh

First Grade
Part of the speculation ive read today says that after his origin efforts his worth has skyrocketed, so greed has cut in now, the cowboys being down on players would have made him an offer to play FB and probably more than the 700 we are paying,im willing to bet this is whats behind this BS
He is a qlder and probably dosent mind going back, and before anyone says this is not allowed, is living in dreamland teams are always trying to poach players,personally if true,id release him at the end of the season, and he can choke playing up there.

Isn't the rule something along the lines of negotiations can be discussed but clubs can't put forward formal offers without permission?

Latest posts