What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW 2019

Dave's mate

Juniors
Or if our playmakers didn't look scared to touch the ball. We all know Maloney won't be afraid, been the best half NSW has had for a decade

But Cleary made a couple of tackles and kicked a goal infront so it's ok
Lols you butthurt Tigpies fans are the best. Jimmy had a blinder tonight but he's be shite since 2017

The unknown

Juniors
Lols you butthurt Tigpies fans are the best. Jimmy had a blinder tonight but he's be shite since 2017

Lol nah not butthurt

You're all rocks if you think we win without Jimmy last year, and funnily enough we lose game 1 without him

Cleary/Maloney game 2 with walker as the utility (Let him go crazy for the last 20 of the game, would be deadly imo)

Keary would 100% be in there if he didn't get injured

Last edited:

big hit!

Bench
Game 2 team (further injuries permitting)

1. Teddy
2. Addo-Carr
3. Tom T
4. Moz
5. Cotric
6. Walker
7. Cleary
8. Vaughan
9. Cook
10. Haas
11. Cordner (c)
12. Friz
13. Jake T

14. Wighton
15. Murray
16. Finucaine
17. McLean

We need an extra prop. Latrell needs a kick up the arse. Panicking and throwing in more halves debutants won't help. Pearce or Moylan in for Wighton or Cleary is the only other change I'd consider.

I agree with dropping Mitchell for Game 2. It was all well and good for Freddy to lay the ground rules for selections last season re form, free of contract/manager wrangles and other BS, because he had no tie with the previous players. Now one of his/game’s stars from last year is in this position and he bins the condition. No one is above the team and he needs to stick to his standard. Coaches need discipline too. When they don’t, it all goes to shit.

I’m a bit uneasy re Lodge, more due to public perception of folks who aren’t much into rugby league, but the bloke has done his time and appears to have put in the hard work to turn his life around. TBH he’s got the type of mongrol NSW needs. Same as finucaine. NsW need merkins who are literally treating this shit as playing for their lives. Some blokes selected for the Blues think making the team is enough. It aint!

Panther_Daz

Staff member
If Maloney is to be recalled it has to be in the 7. Let him take control of the team and steer them around. Put a running 5/8 with him. Either Walker or Wighton.

big hit!

Bench
If Maloney is to be recalled it has to be in the 7. Let him take control of the team and steer them around. Put a running 5/8 with him. Either Walker or Wighton.

Issue becomes left / right side. All of the halves combos have conveniently slotted into this club left / right side positioning - Thurston / Cronk; Munster / DCE; Maloney / Cleary, etc

In Maloney and Walker or Wighton, you have predominantly left side players. I've never seen Maloney play on the right - Warriors, Easts, Penrith - he's always played on the left. I'd say Walker wouldn't be too versatile. Perhaps Wighton being able to fill in some positions could swap to right. But is he really an SOO calibre 'starting' half at the mo? NSW, as has been the case for the past decade, are f**king low on depth in the 6 and 7. The best halves in the game today, once again, play for QLD.

FB: Tedesco
RW: Cotric
RC: Morris (if Mitchell had his head screwed on, Turbo would come in here)
LC: Tom T
LW: Ado-Carr
RH: Wighton
LH: Maloney
AH: Cook
PF: Vaughan
PF: Lodge / McLean
MF: Jake T
RF: Frizell
LF: Cordner (he's going to be there no matter what)
IC: Murray
IC: Finucaine
IC: Haas / Lodge / McLean
IC: Walker

TBH, Freddy won't make too many changes in the halves. Definitely won't bring in a new player such as Brooks, Moses, Townsend, etc. Only a week's prep with little time to gel combos. Maloney's been there and synergy shouldn't take long with him.

big hit!

Bench
Too much horse. They've been anything but impressive this year and yet half of them are getting picked for Origin.

That would be just 1-2 donkeys in NSW team.

QLD are always going to pick them as the bulk of the team is made of QLDers

The unknown

Juniors
Without Klemmer we will struggle big time, I guess we were too reliant on Haas to bring his club form into origin and do his thing but in reality he was just a kid who had 10 games of nrl experience

Is there close to any like for like replacements for Klemmer? What s happening with MClean atm? Finucane is good but he is too similar to Murray and Trobjevic imo. We just need a no non sense meter eater to punch holes through QLD

soc123_au

Staff member
Without Klemmer we will struggle big time, I guess we were too reliant on Haas to bring his club form into origin and do his thing but in reality he was just a kid who had 10 games of nrl experience

Is there close to any like for like replacements for Klemmer? What s happening with MClean atm? Finucane is good but he is too similar to Murray and Trobjevic imo. We just need a no non sense meter eater to punch holes through QLD
Finucane would be fine I think. Being similar to big turbo is a good thing.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
i don't think Robbo allowed him a weekend off in Taree because he had a bad origin. Something's up with him at mo
Yeah I would not want to be Chambers. He is an angry young man a season is long for the young. Break will do him good.

He will be picked and will play.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
BTW old man Morris did his job just fine, but hey Turbo is fit, he can retire head held high, unless you need him for game 3.