What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 against the Roosters

Abacus

Juniors
I'm not sure we can give all the credit to DWZ for the team's poor attitude. The improvement also coincides with the coach actually dropping players. And DWZ's response to being dropped gave the coach the opportunity to keep DWZ out of the team and hopefully set a standard for others.

OldPanther

Coach
It was our best game of the season by far the boys all had a crack both in defence and attack we should have won by more but the cummins factor kicked in yesterday.

Without a doubt. Cleary said we have improvement as far as actual footy tactics go so we could be a real threat now.

I'm not sure we can give all the credit to DWZ for the team's poor attitude. The improvement also coincides with the coach actually dropping players. And DWZ's response to being dropped gave the coach the opportunity to keep DWZ out of the team and hopefully set a standard for others.

Its a culmination of little things.

Sauce getting dropped and coming back a more determined player after taking constructive criticism and responding to it.

RCG getting dropped and coming back better after a rev up from Mark Carroll.

Katoa no longer hooker.

The enthusiasm of the young players like Kenny, Too, Martin Naden rubbing off on the rest of the squad.

Edwards playing better.

Where everything was going wrong at the start of the year a couple of little things have made a difference in the short term.

Getting a few wins has boosted moral and lifted the whole intensity of the side.

martielang

Bench
Very convenient to blame DWZ for all our attitude issues. I’ve got no doubt the club tried to push him out prior to any major issues which would of affected his form & attitude. Feel for the bloke tbh.

Re: yesterday, I think it shows how important Mansour is to the make up of our side. Add Too’s go forward & it makes a huge difference with set structure allowing the Hooker, halves & edge forwards a lot more room & momentum. We never had that the first 10 weeks.

mxlegend99

Referee
Plus we had a couple of games where the attitude was great just before we turned to shit. Unfortunately we lost them both... but I think our effort against Souths in particular was on par with our last 3 games.

No idea what changed after losing to Souths. I think it just broke our confidence and spirit. Playing our best game of the season and losing. But really dont think this culture change is on one player.

OldPanther

Coach
Plus we had a couple of games where the attitude was great just before we turned to shit. Unfortunately we lost them both... but I think our effort against Souths in particular was on par with our last 3 games.

No idea what changed after losing to Souths. I think it just broke our confidence and spirit. Playing our best game of the season and losing. But really dont think this culture change is on one player.

Well look at Mansour. Seems to be better for being dropped, Dill as well.

TheFrog

Coach
It was our best game of the season by far the boys all had a crack both in defence and attack we should have won by more but the cummins factor kicked in yesterday.
Cummins helped the Roosters stay in the game in the first half but if anything went our way in the second.

betcats

Referee

The south’s game was Gould’s farewell game, I think they put in for him they hadn’t played like thst all year, the bunnies were playing very good at that point.

OldPanther

Coach
Interesting that the gate was 16,800+ on a Sunday afternoon. To me it proves that there should be more games played at this time and especially not Thursday evenings (I know it's TV driven) which should go the same way as Monday Night games.

Without the TV money the game has nothing.