What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Record for keeping teams scoreless in a season

mongoose

Coach
The Raiders have so far kept three teams to 0 this season:

Round 1 vs Titans - 21-0
Round 5 vs Eels - 19 - 0
Round 13 vs Tigers - 28 - 0

Would be interesting to know what the record is for number of times a team has kept their opposition scoreless in a season.

Roosters in 2013 were a supremely good defensive team, Dragons in 2010, Manly in 1996... Probably some Storm teams.

TheFrog

Coach
The Raiders have so far kept three teams to 0 this season:

Round 1 vs Titans - 21-0
Round 5 vs Eels - 19 - 0
Round 13 vs Tigers - 28 - 0

Would be interesting to know what the record is for number of times a team has kept their opposition scoreless in a season.

Roosters in 2013 were a supremely good defensive team, Dragons in 2010, Manly in 1996... Probably some Storm teams.
One for David Middleton. I can tell you that the Raiders have now equalled the St George side of 1963 who conceded nil three times in 18 rounds. On a further 6 occasions the Dragons did not concede a try. They conceded 115 points (15 tries) in 21 games including finals.

Valheru

Coach
We had 5 in 2013 regular season and one more on the finals.

Worth noting that it isn't necessarily an indicator of the best defence as we had a better against in 2015 and I think we maybe kept one team scoreless.

BadnMean

Juniors
Chooks have the record at 6 in 2013, they were unreal that year.

Not a Chooks fan but I remember them being absolutely smothering in that period. Tough defensive unit. Wow, 6 is massive. I'd love it if the Green Wall can get near it.

nick87

Coach
@madunit and the RLP team can probably figure this out pretty quickly.
Their database is the best RL database on the internet by some considerable distance

Tommy Smith

Referee
2013 Roosters:

Rnd 3: Roosters 8 Broncos 0
Rnd 4: Roosters 50 Eels 0
Rnd 6: Roosters 38 Bulldogs 0
Rnd 17: Roosters 36 Dragons 0
Rnd 19: Roosters 40 Sharks 0
Finals Wk1: Roosters 4 Manly 0

That's the record dating all the way back to 1908. Some effort.

The Raiders defence shows that they're a Premiership threat imo IF they have luck with injuries (a prerequisite to win the comp).

carcharias

Immortal
2013 Roosters:

The Raiders defence shows that they're a Premiership threat imo IF they have luck with injuries (a prerequisite to win the comp).

Eels obviously didn’t win the comp that year

mongoose

Coach
Indeed.

I made a thread on Twitter about it the other day

Some surprising ones in there

Cowboys in 2016 held teams to nil 4 times!
The Steelers in 93, good effort
Sharks in 94 - they didn't even make the finals that year either

King hit

Coach
2013 Roosters:

I was on the Gold Coast in December 2012 and got into a discussion with a few guys about how the Roosters had made great signings and a new approach with Robinson was going to change things. They all laughed at me.

Latest posts