What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The state of the Warriors.

Rich102

Staff member
We are going backwards again.

Somebody needs to put the club on a solid footing; one that can be built on.
No more " He has Kiwi connections, let's sign him" mentality. Both for players and coaches.
If we continue like this we won't be able to attract anybody decent to come here, or fans to watch. (As it is we have to pay massive overs for average talent.)
Time for a massive review of the club. from the top down. Not by an "old boy" but by someone recognised as skilled. How about Gus Gould or similar, preferably with no connections to the club.

Also a number of players should be asked to test the market. We have a fair few who wouldn't attract half the money elsewhere. Adam Blair I am looking at you.

I reckon the situation is getting critical. Act now or risk losing it all.

Gavin_11

Juniors
The state is that they are very boring to watch despite having one of the best attacking players of his generation. Says a lot about the players around him. A Warriors set is literally 3 hit ups from the back 3 and then 2 ONE OUT hits ups from second rowers. Whats with being scared of going more than one pass wide, move the ball on to your centres and make easy metres.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The team doesn't believe they can win when they get behind because they know they can't score points.

This has the double mental blow of becoming anxious in defence knowing they can't fall behind.

Our recruitment is dodgy our development shit.

And our coach has us playing the worst style of football ever.

TheDMC

Bench
They should just play jungleball for the rest of the season. At least aim for most offloads for the year. Better to watch and we will win some games. The process sucks balls.

Matua

Bench
We are going backwards again.

Somebody needs to put the club on a solid footing; one that can be built on.
No more " He has Kiwi connections, let's sign him" mentality. Both for players and coaches.
If we continue like this we won't be able to attract anybody decent to come here, or fans to watch. (As it is we have to pay massive overs for average talent.)
Time for a massive review of the club. from the top down. Not by an "old boy" but by someone recognised as skilled. How about Gus Gould or similar, preferably with no connections to the club.

Also a number of players should be asked to test the market. We have a fair few who wouldn't attract half the money elsewhere. Adam Blair I am looking at you.

I reckon the situation is getting critical. Act now or risk losing it all.
A few posters on here claimed that George was going to be the messiah to lead the Warriors to the promised land. I think his sermons carry about as much weight as Ian Robson these days.

If the Warriors really want to turn their organisation around they'd go completely left field and hire Steve Tew. The problem being they probably can't afford him and even if they could even he might consider them unfixable.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
They should just play jungleball for the rest of the season. At least aim for most offloads for the year. Better to watch and we will win some games. The process sucks balls.

Even our offloads are the worst kind. Standing in the tackle and popping the ball backwards.

Can't remember the last time we actually broke a couple of tackles and had a support runner flying through for the offload.

TheDMC

Bench
Even our offloads are the worst kind. Standing in the tackle and popping the ball backwards.

Can't remember the last time we actually broke a couple of tackles and had a support runner flying through for the offload.

Ha, that's true. Forgot those kind of offloads even existed.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
A few posters on here claimed that George was going to be the messiah to lead the Warriors to the promised land. I think his sermons carry about as much weight as Ian Robson these days.

If the Warriors really want to turn their organisation around they'd go completely left field and hire Steve Tew. The problem being they probably can't afford him and even if they could even he might consider them unfixable.
I can assure you that Steve Tew has his sights on something else once he steps down from the All Blacks this year.

vvvrulz

Coach

That’s cos there is no support runner.

TheDMC

Bench
The Toronto Raptors just won the NBA, and have exactly one Canadian in the team lol.

Reactions: JJ

Latest posts