What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REMINDER OF MCGREGOR'S CONTRACT EXTENSION ANNOUNCEMENT

Here are the words of our CEO Brian Johnston as he announced Paul McGregor's extension 7 games ago.
The last endorsement by the Chairman highlights the real problem that we have.

"Dragons chief executive Brian Johnston said the decision to re-sign McGregor was one made on the basis of several factors.

"Paul's retention has come down to more than just the football played on the field," Johnston said. "Paul is a values-driven, team-first individual who is at the forefront of personal development for both he and his players.

"A testament of this is the number of Dragons who have achieved higher representative honours and those to have successfully debuted under Paul's tutelage, as well as the club's improved results in recent seasons.

"Paul's emotional intelligence and man management attributes are key to him being well-respected throughout the playing group and the club's staff in its entirety, which is another crucial reason for his extension."

Dragons chairman Andrew Gordon said the board were pleased to see McGregor recommit to the Red V."

Brutalitops

Juniors
What gets me is, sure it seems Mary has SOME skills regarding the emotional side of connecting with players, which I do think is important in coaching. But so what? That's literally all he offers. He can offer that as an assistant coach. He can offer that as a bloody water boy.

You don't appoint him head coach based on just that

What gets me is, sure it seems Mary has SOME skills regarding the emotional side of connecting with players, which I do think is important in coaching. But so what? That's literally all he offers. He can offer that as an assistant coach. He can offer that as a bloody water boy.

You don't appoint him head coach based on just that
Here it is in a nutshell from the new CEO
"Paul's retention has come down to more than just the football played on the field,"

Last edited:

Pro Dragons

Juniors
The scary thing with McGregor as coach we don't know where rock bottom is. Maybe not this year but under his guidance we could end up with the wooden spoon in 2020 or 2021. Another scary thought is if McGregor does one day go will this board appoint another untried old boy as coach. Till this old boy culture is done away with we will struggle to make an impact in the NRL.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Yep he is a good painter as well ....
I dunno..

Did you see what happened with the gym?

images

The scary thing with McGregor as coach we don't know where rock bottom is. Maybe not this year but under his guidance we could end up with the wooden spoon in 2020 or 2021. Another scary thought is if McGregor does one day go will this board appoint another untried old boy as coach. Till this old boy culture is done away with we will struggle to make an impact in the NRL.
Rock bottom is 3 spots away on the ladder lol

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
SPEW!
"Paul is a values driven" WTF??
We'll he's certainly driving our team into the ground in a backwards direction.
The Board & CEO will be looking for everything and anything as excuses for their piss poor decision making. Us fans will see it for the truth.....unjustified & a foolish error!

What a crock of sh!t.
He ain't good value for us fans or the club.

Latest posts