What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW 2019

betcats

Referee
Excited that with the shortened preparation for game 2, and all the changes to the backline with players out of position in the centres, we have entrusted the very stable club halves pairing that have led Penrith to 14th spot on the ladder and was whipped 30-10 by the Warriors on their home gorund just a month ago. Very cool.

Who else is available? Cody and Brooks?

Danish

Referee
We've beat the Roosters and Rabbitohs in the past 2 games, and top 8 sides the two games before that. You forgot to mention that.

Tamou, aged 30, has been tremendous this year. Fittler needs to watch more footy.

If you couldn’t be a roosters side with 6 of our starting 13 missing, then you’d be truly lost.

Souths also had, what, most of the Burgii and Adam Reynolds out? Tough team that

TheFrog

Coach
If you couldn’t be a roosters side with 6 of our starting 13 missing, then you’d be truly lost.

Souths also had, what, most of the Burgii and Adam Reynolds out? Tough team that
Enough of your excuses for failure. We had blokes out too. Second rowers playing centre. Your coach failed to pay respect to the opposition by resting fit players. The Rabbitohs didn't get the calls they need to win games. Sam just had surgery, didn't he? And you're saying they need him to beat the third last team at home?

We were over $2.50 both games. 4 wins in a row, including over your sorry losers and your toothless mates. Got the Warriors again next game.

I would not have picked Jimmy Maloney for this game. But the captain and coach were both too stupid to tell an origin rookie to throw the ball to Tedesco, Mitchell and Cordner. It would have taken a couple of seconds. So now they have to pick a bloke who doesn't need to be told what to do,despite his ordinary form.

Last edited:

big hit!

Bench
Gus in his podcast tells how he spoke with Cordner prior to game 1, asking the captain how he and the other Roosters players were going to combine with Walker. The reply was they told Walker to play his natural game. They should have told him to get the ball to Mitchell, Teddy and himself without fail. So Walker was like a deer in the spotlights, when he should have had clear instructions in his first Origin game. This is not only poor team leadership but very poor coaching. If they wanted someone they didn't need to tell what to do, they could have picked Maloney in the first place.

3 roosters vs 1 ring-in, you'd think that's the way it should've worked. Use the strength of the club combo rather than having them trying to fit in with Walker after just one week of prep. In the end, 3 of them (ex Teddy) had poor games when they all could've played well. With Klemmer dominating metres, Mitchell could've got good ball early in the game, putting pressure on QLD OB's and having DCE & Gillett second guessing, opening up potential for Walker inside as the game went on. The reality was the ball barely went outside Walker, as he stopped propped, Cordner ran stuttered lines and they were all easily contained by the QLD right-side defence.

maloney should've been there. f**k his form up until then. the guy is the only bona fide half NSW have who is a match-winner. you can't rant about form and then pick cleary, just because you know his old man and don't want to hurt his feelings. Mitchell got ball last series. Addo-Carr got ball last series. Maloney will get it there.

TheFrog

Coach
Does it really count as origin experience if your last taste involved singled handedly losing the series?
Ask the bloke who picked him. I wouldn't have. I wouldn't have pickjed Maloney either, but I would have picked Tamou.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Panthers fans talking themselves up after beating 2 injury/Origin ravaged sides reminds me of when Knights fans did it. Worked out well for them.

snickers007

Juniors
Panthers fans talking themselves up after beating 2 injury/Origin ravaged sides reminds me of when Knights fans did it. Worked out well for them.

Gotta love the narrative that the Panthers are at full strength when they're winning these matches...

You can only beat the team that is put in front of you. It's not the Panthers fault that both the Rabbits and Roosters rested players/have injuries etc. Panthers too have injuries and other things affecting their team selection.

I'm not sure any Panthers fans are getting too far ahead of ourselves. Yes, we've won 4 straight, but we're still sitting in 14th. Kinda says it all really.

betcats

Referee
Gotta love the narrative that the Panthers are at full strength when they're winning these matches...

You can only beat the team that is put in front of you. It's not the Panthers fault that both the Rabbits and Roosters rested players/have injuries etc. Panthers too have injuries and other things affecting their team selection.

I'm not sure any Panthers fans are getting too far ahead of ourselves. Yes, we've won 4 straight, but we're still sitting in 14th. Kinda says it all really.

Vic can’t handle any kind of Panthers fans talking anything up. I knew he’d be in here jumping on Danish comments as soon as I saw them, he’s like clock work.

betcats

Referee

If there’s nothing more to his game 1 performance then it was just an off night then why is anyone suprised he’s been dropped? Literally looked like he couldn’t be f**ked for most of the game, like he’d rather be anywhere else in the world.

If he’d done background noise going on or was carrying an injury that’s one thing but to put in a performance like that just cause he had an off night is unacceptable. Having an off night shouldn’t effect your effort.

eels_fan

First Grade
Why does nsw not have names reserves?

Surely they’ve taken an additional 3-4 players over to WA like QLD have?

moffla

Bench

Was wondering this myself. You'd take as many in to camp as possible if not to just give new players the experience

big hit!

Bench

radley and matterson were in camp game 1.

surely fittler is taking different guys for balance. there are enough backrowers in the 17. perhaps a prop, and a utility/OB.