What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oceania Cup + Internationals 2019

chiefy1

Juniors
They play different positions

I like the fact that Faainga will be given an opportunity, and im betting he'll more than match his credentialed teammates. My beef is why can't Parramatta get our juniors to become consistent nrl players.

Besides mahoney, there is nobody in our current top 13 who've come through the ba system

Last edited:

Happy MEel

First Grade
I like the fact that Faainga will be given an opportunity, and im betting he'll more than match his credentialed teammates. My beef is why can't Parramatta get our juniors to become consistent nrl players.

Besides mahoney, there is nobody in our current top 13 who've come through the system
Junior Paulo would say otherwise. I don’t care where our players come from, as long as we have a competitive first grade side.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Paulo debut under ricky
I didn’t see the “BA system” part.

This is his 6th year as head coach and so if he overhauled the junior development of the club and started targeting the right players at Harold Matts/SG Ball from then, we should really only start to be seeing the fruits of his labour in the last year or two, with a steady flow coming through from now on. We currently have Mahoney in the top 17, Kaufusi is coming along nicely and we have a few more waiting in the wings in Stefano, Parry, Faingaa and Schneider. Throw in a few junior signings from other clubs in Drown, Salmon and Stone and I reckon it’s looking pretty good.

I’m no BA fan but I think it’s too early to write off our junior development.

chiefy1

Juniors
I didn’t see the “BA system” part.

This is his 6th year as head coach and so if he overhauled the junior development of the club and started targeting the right players at Harold Matts/SG Ball from then, we should really only start to be seeing the fruits of his labour in the last year or two, with a steady flow coming through from now on. We currently have Mahoney in the top 17, Kaufusi is coming along nicely and we have a few more waiting in the wings in Stefano, Parry, Faingaa and Schneider. Throw in a few junior signings from other clubs in Drown, Salmon and Stone and I reckon it’s looking pretty good.

I’m no BA fan but I think it’s too early to write off our junior development.

If we stick and give the players you've mentioned an opportunity that would be an improvement. We also had that opportunity with Aloai Matterson Twal and Kamikamica, but chose to ignore them for quick fixes like Vave, Matagi Williams and Frichard. Time will tell

strider

Post Whore
If we stick and give the players you've mentioned an opportunity that would be an improvement. We also had that opportunity with Aloai Matterson Twal and Kamikamica, but chose to ignore them for quick fixes like Vave, Matagi Williams and Frichard. Time will tell
Dont stop there ffs .... mention how disgraceful it is that we signed Lane, Sivo, Salmon, Niukore cos they will take opportunities from our juniors .... oh hang on

Aloai, Kami, Twal are nothing .... and Matterson would probably not be what he is now had he stayed

Happy MEel

First Grade
Dont stop there ffs .... mention how disgraceful it is that we signed Lane, Sivo, Salmon, Niukore cos they will take opportunities from our juniors .... oh hang on

Aloai, Kami, Twal are nothing .... and Matterson would probably not be what he is now had he stayed
I reckon Lane and Mau are both better edge forwards than Matterson. He probably has Marata covered at this stage but by the time Mau retires you’d hope Marata wouldn’t be too far off Matterson’s capabilities.

Happy MEel

First Grade

Agreed about Aloai and Kami. They’d struggle to make our top 17. Twal is decent and would be an upgrade on Terepo and probably Evans. He’s the only one of that lot that I’d welcome back.