What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who’s 4th best , Tonga or Fiji .

Arucard

Juniors
Honestly I think Fiji would beat Tonga, with the new team in the nsw Cup they will only add depth and professionalism in the future, what’s everyone’s thoughts ?, I’d like to see the game.
Fiji would beat them.
They’ve been semi finalists 3 straight World Cups for a reason.
They have never been given the respect that Samoa or Tonga were given though.

jim_57

Staff member
Fiji were a bit hard done by after the World Cup, they beat NZ and made the semis, losing by a big score to Australia probably took the gloss off a bit conoared to Tonga would pushed England.

I think Fiji has genuine potential to be a genuine threat in major tournaments going forward, especially if they get the NSW Cup pathway in place.

NRLMad

Juniors
Tonga don’t have halves, Samoa look far better with Chanel, Jerome, and Milford in the halves, Fiji have traditionally had good backs but I think they’ve got solid forwards across most teams now.

Just shows that with the rise of the Pacific Islanders in the NRL what can happen to international league...

Clarkent

Juniors
Honestly I think Fiji would beat Tonga, with the new team in the nsw Cup they will only add depth and professionalism in the future, what’s everyone’s thoughts ?, I’d like to see the game.
I wouldn't say that man Tonga is still a tough team with that forward pack... I still think Tonga is the 4th best team... Fiji and Samoa are pretty even at the moment... But Samoa is the team to watch out for in the future... They've got so much depth in the halves... Dylan Brown (eels), Nu Brown (bulldogs), CHT ( warriors), Anthony Milford ( Broncos), Jarome Luai ( Panthers), Mason Lino (Knights) 1 or 2 of those players might commit to the Kiwis in a few years but we'll wait and see I guess

Walter sobchak

First Grade
I wouldn't say that man Tonga is still a tough team with that forward pack... I still think Tonga is the 4th best team... Fiji and Samoa are pretty even at the moment... But Samoa is the team to watch out for in the future... They've got so much depth in the halves... Dylan Brown (eels), Nu Brown (bulldogs), CHT ( warriors), Anthony Milford ( Broncos), Jarome Luai ( Panthers), Mason Lino (Knights) 1 or 2 of those players might commit to the Kiwis in a few years but we'll wait and see I guess
Dylan brown and maybe CHT are the most likely but even then both are at least 2-3 years away from that.

adamkungl

Immortal
Fiji are better and have been better for at least 12 years.

The difference? Tonga sell tickets in Auckland and Sydney, Fiji don't.

Fiji got dudded by the Oceania Cup format. On any metric except ticket sales they're in the top group alongside Tonga.
But then there's 3 more games Aus and NZ have to try and sell tickets to, which they clearly didn't want to bother with.