What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Panfa

Juniors
With luai proving last night he can cover dummy half well i dont think we need egan on the bench get kenny to start and luai the cover for halves and hooker he can be dynamic when the forwards tire.

mxlegend99

Referee
Luai has been very average everytime hes play 9 at nrl level
Mostly yes. But he did have a good game there on one occassion and he's really only had a few cracks.

Hes a better utility than Egan as he can cover the whole spine. Egan may be slighyly better at hooker. But Luai would improve the more he plays there and offers halves cover too.

The Realist

Juniors
https://www.9news.com.au/national/t...t-guilty/7520546e-567e-4370-b51d-0d4421875a07

Suspended NRL star Tyrone May has pleaded not guilty to charges of recording and disseminating sexual acts without consent.

He is currently under strict bail conditions and his matter will next be heard on July 16 at Parramatta for a hearing date to be set.

This is f**king bullshit....dragging out the way it has. Our squad is effectively 29 and we are down somewhere around 150-200K on our cap.

snickers007

Juniors
This is f**king bullshit....dragging out the way it has. Our squad is effectively 29 and we are down somewhere around 150-200K on our cap.

This is how the legal system works. It takes time, and he's certainly not getting any special treatment due to being a footballer. I can't believe anyone expected this to be over and done with so soon.

I'm sure that Panthers have been in contact with the NRL to discuss our options re: squad management. However, I'm not sure it's in Panthers or Tyrone's best interests to make those discussions public, unless it is to announce some kind of exemption.

The Realist

Juniors
This is how the legal system works. It takes time, and he's certainly not getting any special treatment due to being a footballer. I can't believe anyone expected this to be over and done with so soon.

I'm sure that Panthers have been in contact with the NRL to discuss our options re: squad management. However, I'm not sure it's in Panthers or Tyrone's best interests to make those discussions public, unless it is to announce some kind of exemption.

The BS part of it is the NRL's new rule that is forcing this situation onto us. We should be getting compensated somehow for it.

betcats

Referee
The BS part of it is the NRL's new rule that is forcing this situation onto us. We should be getting compensated somehow for it.

The contract should just come straight off the salary cap and be paid by the nrl when this situation occurs. Player gets paid but it doesn’t count in our cap. It’s up to the club to manage the cap and make sure there’s room for the players contract to come back into the cap if and when the player is aloud to return.

OldPanther

Coach
View attachment 31020

Saw this on a police vehicle at Fuzhou railway station in China this morning. It is fabricated metal, not a sticker.

giphy.gif