What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly Brothers in Red V.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Fullback needed and prop package deal of the century. Would be a massive signing since Steve Rogers.
It would be much bigger then signing Steve Rogers. Rogers was at the back end of his career, while the Turbo brothers will both be at the peak of their careers by 2021.

I will say that when we signed Steve Rogers, we also signed Micheal O'Conner, Graeme O'Grady, Steve Gearin and Roy Marsters the same year, so I would be struggling to think of the last time we went on a spending spree of that magnitude. Rogers became the highest paid player in the game when he signed with us in 1982. If my memory serves me correctly, his contract was for 60K a year, but it could have been up to 75 or so. Micheal O'Conner was signed from Rugby Union and turned out to be one of if not the best signing I can recall us ever making. Roy Marsters was a big name coach, who replace Harry Bath.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Tom will fetch at least a million, Jake close.

Not a chance we can afford both
I agree that they will command at least 2 mil between them, but I disagree what we can not afford them. We have Widdop leaving at the end of the season, who is on what some say is 950K a year. We also will have James Graham money, which could be as much as 600K. Dufty's new contract would probably be close to 300K. We are already up to 1.85 mil. We should be looking to source 3rd party deals. The Turbo brothers are both very marketable. I would be looking at offering them 1.85 of cap money and then another 200K each 3rd party deals. 1.2 mil for Tom and 1.05 mil for Jake. That would probably come close to securing both their signatures. Politis would have it done in no time, maybe he is already plotting it?

possm

Coach
Tom will fetch at least a million, Jake close.

Not a chance we can afford both
I'm sure with a genuine cleanout would could afford both on a package deal of 2m. I'd say the main problem is that the Turbo Brothers would prefer to stay at Manly.

However, it would be a nice payback for when Manly stole the the Stewart Brothers from out of our junior system - Brett a fullback and Glen a forward.

We could get a good fullback for half the dollars it would take to get Tom.....$500k - $600k would get us AJ Brimson, if you could convince him to leave the Gold Coast. Kid is going to be a star.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Is everyone forgetting the 3rd Turbo, young Ben?

Any deal would have to include all 3 brothers eg: Burgess boys.

It can he done, but hell thats a very large chunk of salary cap on 3 players plus Hunt, plus Norman. It would need a coach who can nurture youngsters through, like Hasler. Our supercoach will always select the journeymen aka Lats and Maranta.

Latest posts