What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reserve Grade discussion.

OldPanther

Coach
Not sure if a thread like this would be appropriate but there are those who keep up with the young players and those who have no idea.

I actually had a question about Matheson Johns, is he related to Joey/Matty?

betcats

Referee
I was on his instagram a while ago trying to work it haha, if he is related its not a close relation.

Last edited:

Bob

Juniors
Not sure if a thread like this would be appropriate but there are those who keep up with the young players and those who have no idea.

I actually had a question about Matheson Johns, is he related to Joey/Matty?
No he’s not, Matthew has 2 boys, Jack plays Reggie’s for Souths and is a plodder, cooper is in the storm system and just got promoted to their top 30, he’s the better of the 2

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Burton has some decent size and pace for a half, that try a couple weeks ago was impressive. Havent seen much of him unfortunately.

Try catch up on some highlights of Burton. He has real potential as a 5/8. Won the man of the match in the SG Ball GF last year (I would've given it to Blore)

Panfa

Juniors
Matheson johns came to penrith via stgeorge reserve grade he goes well solid centre who can cover backrow as well.brayden mcgrady is the nephew of ewan mcgrady came to penrith via qld cup tall fast goalkicking centre hes coming back from a knee reconstruction.Allan fitzgibbon is a speedster he would have to be the quickest winger in the club similar build and pace to josh ado carr.

OldPanther

Coach
Matheson johns came to penrith via stgeorge reserve grade he goes well solid centre who can cover backrow as well.brayden mcgrady is the nephew of ewan mcgrady came to penrith via qld cup tall fast goalkicking centre hes coming back from a knee reconstruction.Allan fitzgibbon is a speedster he would have to be the quickest winger in the club similar build and pace to josh ado carr.

Ooh a Carr style player could be awesome.

betcats

Referee
Keen to have a look at Staines today, also Billy Burns has impressed the few times I’ve seen him this year. First time I’ll get a look at Burton as well. It’s a very young side today actually, Staines, burton, chricton, lenius all teens, coulda had Shawn Blore in there as well. Even the older blore is only 20.

franklin2323

Immortal
Keen to have a look at Staines today, also Billy Burns has impressed the few times I’ve seen him this year. First time I’ll get a look at Burton as well. It’s a very young side today actually, Staines, burton, chricton, lenius all teens, coulda had Shawn Blore in there as well. Even the older blore is only 20.

It is young but when you think that this side won the national u18's last year. The side they played against had David Fifita who is now playing Origin. So they clearly have talent so no reason to keep them down

betcats

Referee
It is young but when you think that this side won the national u18's in 2017. The side they played against had David Fifita who is now playing Origin. So they clearly have talent so no reason to keep them down

No doubt, I’m glad they are coming through. They might all struggle today but it seems like a decent batch of kids to work with. Unfortunate Shawn got hurt he has the biggest wrap of them all, anyway as you keep saying this is the first batch through the academy which probably borrowed heavily from what Gus knows bout the rosters system so hopefully more of them hit the mark and kick on then we get historically.

OldPanther

Coach
Panthers v Dragons
WIN Stadium
12.45pm Saturday 29 June

1. Charlie STAINES
2. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
3. Stephen CRICHTON
12. Jed CARTWRIGHT
4. Brayden MCGRADY
6. Matt BURTON
7. Dean BLORE