What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters talent spotter takes over as Wests Tigers head of football

tiger102

Juniors
Roosters recruiter Adam Hartigan and veteran talent spotter Warren McDonnell have been tasked with overseeing the roster overhaul at Wests Tigers.
Hartigan has replaced the outgoing Kelly Egan as the Tigers’ new head of football, while McDonnell returns after a stint at Canterbury.

The Wests Tigers take on the Sydney Roosters in Round 16 of the NRL.
The pair will help Michael Maguire reshape his playing list after the premiership-winning coach took over from Ivan Cleary during the preseason.
Maguire has done a commendable job to keep the joint-venture outfit in finals contention despite overseeing a side many thought would struggle in 2019.

One of the top priorities for Hartigan and McDonnell will be to help make calls on the playing futures of Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah.
Marshall will make his 300th NRL appearance against Parramatta on Sunday and is showing no signs of slowing down in his mid 30s. Likewise, Farah is also continuing to contribute strongly to the joint-venture outfit.
Marshall, recently picked by Maguire to return to the New Zealand Test team after a seven-year hiatus, is expected to play on in 2020.

The playing future of Robbie Farah and Benji Marshall is one of the big issues at Concord.

The Tigers have already begun succession planning for when Farah finishes. They recently signed teenaged Broncos hooker Jake Simpkin, considered one of the best young dummy-halves in the country and earmarked as the long-term replacement for Farah, on a three-year deal. Simpkin was a standout in Queensland’s under 18s State of Origin victory last month.

The club is also in deep in negotiations to retain Jacob Liddle and is confident a deal will soon be struck, most likely for a further two years.
Hartigan, who has juggled recruitment with coaching the Roosters’ women’s team at Bondi Junction, will oversee the list overhaul at Concord. High-priced Tigers Josh Reynolds, Russell Packer, Ben Matulino, Elijah Taylor and Chris McQueen are all deemed surplus to requirements, although the Tigers are struggling to move them on. The new-look hierarchy will try to find a way to get them off the books in order to free up the salary cap space required to let Maguire put his stamp on the team.
The Tigers host Parramatta at Bankwest Stadium on Sunday.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ro...-tigers-head-of-football-20190708-p52596.html

The Rosco

Bench
Great news !
Can Hartigan also bring his mate that cooks the chooks books ?
Oh, and may as well go for a couple of surplus players, too !
But seriously . . . that is an astute signing.
I have no issue re-signing McDonnell, especially now that his son has retired.

cerberus

Coach
Hum picked up crichton and let go matterson . I'll reverse my judgement on this guy.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Ronald copped a lot of shit but my understanding was that he was in charge of juniour Recruitment. When he was here we always had gun Flegg/20s sides. I think his biggest problem was that his mongoloid son got a big contract and forced Hodgson out the door.

Ronald copped a lot of shit but my understanding was that he was in charge of juniour Recruitment. When he was here we always had gun Flegg/20s sides. I think his biggest problem was that his mongoloid son got a big contract and forced Hodgson out the door.

Hodgo was gone anyway. Could make a motza in the UK, something we couldn't offer here.

macnaz

Staff member
Ronald seemed to have unearthed some talent at the dogs , our cupboard on the other hand is empty...

macnaz

Staff member
Was Ronald here when we found, Brooks,Tedesco,Moses,Woods, JAD,Koriebete, Benji and Farrah ?

The Rosco

Bench
I know Ronald was here when his spastic son impersonated Bambi on ice skates and still got a gig in first grade
Now Now Pete . . . .
It is unkind to speak of spastics in that manner.
And as for poor old bambi . . . . well I hear that the govt is thinking of declaring deer as pests, so folks can be shooting at them.
But that ain't to say you were wrong about his son . . . .;)

macnaz

Staff member
Was Ronald here when we found, Brooks,Tedesco,Moses,Woods, JAD,Koriebete, Benji and Farrah ?
Lawrence ,Tuiaki,Fulton , Gibbs , Dwyer ,Fafita ...
A couple of others to chuck on the list , We HAVEN'T found anyone near their quality or ability..... Except Jacob Liddle and we are dicking around deciding whether we should re sign him !! Fmd .. seriously.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Scary thought....if Pat Richards had have failed his fitness Tess for the 2005 GF, they were going to pick junior burger on the wing. No wonder they Gave Big Pat more needles than they do in a day up at the injection room at the cross

The weird thing was though that Jnr Burger was brilliant coming through. As 18 year olds he was a better player then Tedesco, he kept Jarryd Hayne out of Jnr NsW/Aus sides. The wraps the club had on him were deserved. I have no idea what happened when he got to 1st grade, but he was just horrible. Some guys just can’t make that step I guess

super_coach

First Grade
The weird thing was though that Jnr Burger was brilliant coming through. As 18 year olds he was a better player then Tedesco, he kept Jarryd Hayne out of Jnr NsW/Aus sides. The wraps the club had on him were deserved. I have no idea what happened when he got to 1st grade, but he was just horrible. Some guys just can’t make that step I guess

Vic, he had one game against Penrith very early on in his career,I think he played no1. Anyway he looked like Billy Slatter, ran a million yards. I though wow we have unearthed a world beater.....As usual I was wrong

Latest posts