What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland Maroons 2019

beave

Coach
If NSW don’t win this by 20+ then there’s something very wrong. This QLD is very weak.

Big Pete

Referee
It could be a blessing in disguise. If there is one strategy Queensland can apply to give themselves a chance, it's running traffic at Maloney and Gillett was never going to pose too big a threat. It's a big ask, but if Fifita can seize the moment and put together a strong 30-50 minute opening, it may create some doubt which Queensland can build their game around.

It's just a question of who you go with. I would have thought Kurt Capewell off the bench would be the option given his versatility, but it sounds like it's between Lowe and Napa. Lowe would be the safe option since he actually plays the position at club level, but he wouldn't pose a threat to the Blues. Meanwhile Napa would probably see a reshuffle with Papalii, but could give you that 20-30 minute spell in the middle to lift the boys.

Queensland are $3.10 outsiders, I wonder if they've faced bigger odds and come out on top?

Big Pete

Referee

That was the first that sprung to mind, I wonder what odds you could get. @beave do you have any memory?

95 used to be my favourite bed-time story when I was a kid. All the try-saving tackles, the fights, the run-away tries, Gilly coming off his drip to play in the dead rubber.

In recent years, I have become a little bit sceptical over Gus' motivation to win that series. The Super League War was all encompassing and listening to Gus talk about this series in recent years suggests he was anything but embarrassed or heart-broken his side was white-washed. I wouldn't be shocked if there was a directive to 'go easy' and show that the ARL could survive without the Broncos.

The closest I can think of is 2001 following the humiliation in 2000. I don't think anybody expected Queensland to recover so quickly and the fashion they did so was almost out of the movies.

2017 would have been interesting as well but with Slater and JT returning, it's hard to imagine Queensland as $3 outsiders.

beave

Coach
That was the first that sprung to mind, I wonder what odds you could get. @beave do you have any memory?

95 used to be my favourite bed-time story when I was a kid. All the try-saving tackles, the fights, the run-away tries, Gilly coming off his drip to play in the dead rubber.

In recent years, I have become a little bit sceptical over Gus' motivation to win that series. The Super League War was all encompassing and listening to Gus talk about this series in recent years suggests he was anything but embarrassed or heart-broken his side was white-washed. I wouldn't be shocked if there was a directive to 'go easy' and show that the ARL could survive without the Broncos.

The closest I can think of is 2001 following the humiliation in 2000. I don't think anybody expected Queensland to recover so quickly and the fashion they did so was almost out of the movies.

2017 would have been interesting as well but with Slater and JT returning, it's hard to imagine Queensland as $3 outsiders.

hmmmmm. I think for QLD to win the series the bookies would have been paying $4-$5 surely??? I can’t remember tbh as I was only 15 at the time so I wasn’t paying much attention. Game one was riveting stuff, 2-0 is a ridiculous score line.

Big Pete

Referee
The Maroons have yet to announce their line-up ahead of Game III.

It's believed that Moses Mbye will start in the centres, Broncos young gun David Fifita will shift into the backrow and the resurgent Ethan Lowe will come onto the bench, but we won't have confirmation until an hour before kick-off.

Last night, the Maroons held their jersey presentations. The three debutants, Corey Norman, Christian Welch and Ethan Lowe were presented their jerseys by their team-mates and pledged their service for the decider.

img_4201.jpg

welch.jpg

lowe.jpg

Spot On

Coach
Saviour. I was almost giving up this series before yesterday. Now, bring it.

Luckily we didn't break out the big post contact metre eater RCG this year.

Keep him fresh for 2020.

Might bring in some decent halves next year too instead of the duds we have recruited this series.

Spot On

Coach
Spot On you were awfully quiet after game one this year but you came alive all of a sudden.

Hi Dane.

Another great effort tonight big fella.

You let in 7 tries in 2 games.

More origin records for ya.

Hope QLD stay loyal in 2020.

You rock bud!!!!!!!!

Go NSW!

Spot On

Coach
Chambers has been QLD worst player the last few series now.
He only gets picked because there are no other options and he plays in a good system in Melbourne.
Surely they can’t continue picking him?!?
Anyone is better than him at this point of time.

Looks as though QLD will be after 2 new centres and 2 new wingers in 2020.

But of course, it is more important to stay loyal QLD.

Bahhhhhaaaaaa!

Spot On

Coach
Woosh

You are awfully quiet after game 3 son.

Where are ya???

Tell Dane to keep working on that 'd' big fella. 7 tries down his side in 2 games aint real flash.

Latest posts