What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rd17: Non Parra matches

TheParraboy

Staff member
Screw my tipping, from now on im tipping whats best for Parra

Friday

Panthers v Titans
Knights v Bulldogs

Saturday

Rabbits v Manly
Broncos v Warriors
Storm
v Sharks - ...just a reminder its Cam Smiths 400th :rolleyes:

Sunday

Roosters v Cowboys
Dragons
v Raiders

Ideal scenario: Knights lose, Souths beat Manly by 14, We beat tigers by 20
We assume 5th spot after 17 rounds :sunglasses:

84 Baby

Referee
tenor.gif

Bandwagon

Staff member
If we are going to finish above Manly It will be because we beat them in the two games we play them,

For finals hopes I reckon we need both the bunnies and the Raiders to lose more than a few games to open up the top four, so I'd prefer Manly to beat the Bunnies, and tighten up the points between us and the bunnies, then if we are good enough, top four finish will take care of it's self.

Unlikely as it is, if we are going to finish top four, we need the Bunnies and the Raiders to lose quite a few games.

If we finish fourth would we play the Storm in Melbourne? Sounds like a fair reward. No doubt Cam456728987 would also announce his retirement too.

Eelogical

Referee
Because he's like the NRL version of Hitler?
Hindy had been commissioned to do the portrait but he had to do a job for Mik.

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg has formally congratulated Melbourne Storm Captain Cameron Smith on becoming the first player to reach 400 matches.

The historic feat will be achieved on Saturday night, when Smith’s Storm face Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks at AAMI Park in Melbourne.

Greenberg paid tribute to Smith during a media conference in Melbourne today, when the details of the milestone initiatives, in partnership with Melbourne Storm, were detailed.
Greenberg announced today that, as part of the celebrations:

• A special custom-designed crystal football would be presented to Smith to mark the achievement;
  • A mural, to be painted by artist Sid Tapia, had been commissioned in Richmond featuring Smith’s image;
  • Capping off the pre-match entertainment, including a unique Blackout, former teammates Johnathan Thurston, Matt Geyer, Billy Slater and Brett Finch as well as Smith’s family will be part of a special guard of honour;
  • A specially-created CAM400 logo will be painted on the playing surface;
  • A 360-degree crowd photo will be taken during the game and made live at NRL.COM/CAM400 within 24 hours for fans to find themselves and share that they were part of history.
  • Fans attending the game will be allowed onto AAMI Park for a special presentation moment and photograph after fulltime (weather permitting).

T.S Quint

Coach
If we are going to finish above Manly It will be because we beat them in the two games we play them,

For finals hopes I reckon we need both the bunnies and the Raiders to lose more than a few games to open up the top four, so I'd prefer Manly to beat the Bunnies, and tighten up the points between us and the bunnies, then if we are good enough, top four finish will take care of it's self.

Unlikely as it is, if we are going to finish top four, we need the Bunnies and the Raiders to lose quite a few games.

Top 4?
Pretty high hopes there mate. I’m sitting here praying to a god I don’t even believe in that we can just scrape in to the top 8.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Top 4?
Pretty high hopes there mate. I’m sitting here praying to a god I don’t even believe in that we can just scrape in to the top 8.

We're in the eight. We'll need 4 - 5 wins to stay there. We'll need other results go our way plus 5-7 wins to make top 4 I reckon, unlikely, but not out of the realms of possibility.

We're in the eight. We'll need 4 - 5 wins to stay there. We'll need other results go our way plus 5-7 wins to make top 4 I reckon, unlikely, but not out of the realms of possibility.
Agreed. When you look at the points differentials there's really only two standout teams, the Storm and the Dogs.

Eelogical

Referee
When we win a another game or two away from home I'll shout Gary and Hineyrulz several beers at the Redcliffe Hotel.

Bandwagon

Staff member
When we win a another game or two away from home I'll shout Gary and Hineyrulz several beers at the Redcliffe Hotel.

Does this weekend count, that nice ( and strangely familiar ) tigers fellow insists it's not our "home" this week.