What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC FINAL: England v New Zealand Lords London July 14 2019 (Result - Tie)

vvvrulz

Coach
Key to beating the poms is to force them away from their natural game plan, and the only way to do that is force panic by removing their top order early.

So basically a repeat of the India match.

JJ

Immortal
England red-hot favourites - but nobody rates us, just the way we like it...

Early wickets key, I think we match up ok - we'll battle, if we win it'll be ugly I imagine

mozza91

Coach
Took Monday off work so I could watch the final. So do the right thing New Zealand and beat miscellaneous*

*Considering there’s hardly any f**king actual Poms in the team

TheParraboy

Staff member
England red-hot favourites - but nobody rates us, just the way we like it...

Early wickets key, I think we match up ok - we'll battle, if we win it'll be ugly I imagine

You will have to go toe to toe somehow

Forecast is for sunny 24c, expect a batting deck very different from the India semi final

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Probably would have preferred to play England.

Heavy favourites, at home, NZ will feel more comfortable with the no external expectations. Hopefully England crumble under the weight of theirs.

JJ

Immortal
You will have to go toe to toe somehow

Forecast is for sunny 24c, expect a batting deck very different from the India semi final
Think we will - but not in the way Australia tried/failed too - different attack, and different batting lineup - be lovely if Guptill found something, but it's on Williamson and Taylor, with our allrounders - who no offence are several steps ahead of Stoinis and Maxwell (him on form at least and he's not bowling) - and our attach is deeper too - all around we are deep, but England are a scary team... underdogs is our thing... cautiously optimistic

Pommy

Coach
People keep talking about the choke and pressure but since we piled the pressure on ourselves with that loss to Sri Lanka we’ve just got better and better beating the other 3 top 4 sides in the process.

Tommy Smith

Referee
This is almost win-win for me.

If England win then that's awesome.

But if not then I couldn't be happier for the Black Caps. What a great underdog story that'd be.

At least Team India won't win.

JJ

Immortal
This is almost win-win for me.

If England win then that's awesome.

But if not then I couldn't be happier for the Black Caps. What a great underdog story that'd be.

At least Team India won't win.
I'm glad there will be a new winner - obviously would love us to upset you, and I think we can - but the English have been the best team for a while... and I take heart in that their style was inspired by what we did to them at the last WC

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'm glad there will be a new winner - obviously would love us to upset you, and I think we can - but the English have been the best team for a while... and I take heart in that their style was inspired by what we did to them at the last WC
Yep, Baz pretty much changed the axis of the world in 2015

simmo1

First Grade
England 2019 playing some enterprising attacking cricket coming off an emotional semi final victory in front of a raucous home crowd.

Sounds a bit like NZ 2015.

Here's hoping England botch the final like NZ did last time.

vvvrulz

Coach
England 2019 playing some enterprising attacking cricket coming off an emotional semi final victory in front of a raucous home crowd.

Sounds a bit like NZ 2015.

Here's hoping England botch the final like NZ did last time.

Honestly the more I think about it I don't see us posting a big enough total batting first, anything 250 or less and I don't see England screwing it up like India did even if we rattle them with early wickets.

Our best shot, as weird as it sounds, might be for England to bat first and we rattle them then and force them to 280 or less. Then we have to chase out of our skins, which we've been mixed at, but I can see someone pulling off a Grant Elliot type innings more than I can see us posting 300.

Latest posts