What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons players of the late 80s early 90s

jeffdragon

Bench
Heard a song on the radio and they mentioned a Guy who was having a birthday who had the same name as an old saints player.
Wonder how many old players of that era we can come up with who we forgot.
Kurt Landers,David Nui, Ian Herron.
Stuart Coupland,Jason Hoogerwerf,Matt Fuller.just to name a few.

merahputih

Juniors
Heard a song on the radio and they mentioned a Guy who was having a birthday who had the same name as an old saints player.
Wonder how many old players of that era we can come up with who we forgot.
Kurt Landers,David Nui, Ian Herron.
Stuart Coupland,Jason Hoogerwerf,Matt Fuller.just to name a few.
Martin 'Chariots' Offiah

boardlumps62

Juniors
Jeff Hardy, Jason Stevens, Ricky Walford. I was on the same flight to Bali after their GF loss to Brisbane 1992 I got all the lads and Brian Smiths signature. What about Tony Smth Tony Priddle Mark Coyne and Peter Coyne

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Does anyone recall Shane Kelly, a no nonsense prop from Brisbane?

Not a bad player.

He extended his tenure in order to press his SOO claims only to fall into obscurity within 12 months. If memory serves me correctly, his career was severely curtailed by injury (something to do with his kidneys)?

Kelly was also “famous” for being lambasted by Rex Mossop for not “putting in” when his game stats demonstrated he had a blinder.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I also thought another ex Queenslander, Cameron Wade, was a talented three-quarter who was never given much of an opportunity by Brian Smith.

And, who could ever forget Clinton Mohr’s shoulder pads, which prevented him from catching kicks? A barrister by trade, the only other one of his ilk I can recall is Kevin Ryan.

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
Steve Robinson was one of my favourites growing up. Sharp little 5/8.
Billy Noke was another favourite.
Does anybody remember Mark Blackburn? If my memory is correct he was punted from the club after he threw his Jersey into the crowd after being replaced. Possibly in a reserves game...

jeffdragon

Bench
Steve Robinson was one of my favourites growing up. Sharp little 5/8.
Billy Noke was another favourite.
Does anybody remember Mark Blackburn? If my memory is correct he was punted from the club after he threw his Jersey into the crowd after being replaced. Possibly in a reserves game...
Yes Mark Blackburn
I thought that was Jason Hoogerwerf..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Good deflection.
No deflection..

Price was at the Dragons in the early 90s.. He didn’t make 1st grade till 1997..

Now, back to you..

How is 1997 not the late 90’s? Do you see it more as mid 90’s or is it more of an pre-early noughties?