What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Annoying TV Commercials

horrie hastings

First Grade
The Cadbury chocolate ad where the little girl goes into the shop to buy a block of chocolate, this ad is creepy, the little girl pays with buttons and small unicorn figurine amongst other things, the guy behind the counter looks creepy then then girl goes out to her mother who is on a mobile phone and gives her the chocolate and says Happy Birthday mum, this ad is wrong on so many levels, mother was so distracted by her phone that the girl wondered off into the shop unnoticed, also mother gives the girl a hug after she gives her the chocolate, I would be wondering where the money came from to buy the chocolate in the first place. Probably reading way to much into this commercial but I actually find it quite disturbing.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
The Cadbury chocolate ad where the little girl goes into the shop to buy a block of chocolate, this ad is creepy, the little girl pays with buttons and small unicorn figurine amongst other things, the guy behind the counter looks creepy then then girl goes out to her mother who is on a mobile phone and gives her the chocolate and says Happy Birthday mum, this ad is wrong on so many levels, mother was so distracted by her phone that the girl wondered off into the shop unnoticed, also mother gives the girl a hug after she gives her the chocolate, I would be wondering where the money came from to buy the chocolate in the first place. Probably reading way to much into this commercial but I actually find it quite disturbing.
Horrie the one I found more disturbing is the Telstra ad where an allegedly pre pubescent girl says something on the lines of "talking to strangers".

Pedo invitation or what?

Deserves a complaint to the advertising watchdog.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Horrie the one I found more disturbing is the Telstra ad where an allegedly pre pubescent girl says something on the lines of "talking to strangers".

Pedo invitation or what?

Deserves a complaint to the advertising watchdog.
Looks like complaint worked. The prepubescent girl has been replaced with a more mature woman's voice.

Win win!

AJB1102

First Grade
All the life insurance ads. With lines like "there's one little thing we can do to make sure that no matter what, our amazing way of life is protected". They almost sell it like car insurance where if you f**k it up beyond repair you'll get another one and you're an irresponsible parent for not getting it.

I think it really plays on peoples insecurities, worries and anxiety. Really hits on largely uncontrollable and usually illogical emotions and would drive those scary feelings into grabbing at the "safety net".

Similar with funeral insurance. "We're old duffers. We better not burden our kids. All the fellas at the bowls club are doing it!"

Pretty f**ken good marketing. Pretty f**ken predatory though, IMO.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
All the life insurance ads. With lines like "there's one little thing we can do to make sure that no matter what, our amazing way of life is protected". They almost sell it like car insurance where if you f**k it up beyond repair you'll get another one and you're an irresponsible parent for not getting it.

I think it really plays on peoples insecurities, worries and anxiety. Really hits on largely uncontrollable and usually illogical emotions and would drive those scary feelings into grabbing at the "safety net".

Similar with funeral insurance. "We're old duffers. We better not burden our kids. All the fellas at the bowls club are doing it!"

Pretty f**ken good marketing. Pretty f**ken predatory though, IMO.
Preying on the gullible is the forte of used car salesmen, real estate agents and insurance companies to name a few.

axl rose

Bench
Banks ads. "Its more than just about the money" Yeah right assholes. And cinema ads, there is this ad in Brisbane from Mazda with these 3 Italian rip off merchant pricks that has been running for 5 bloody years.

simon-01.jpg

Last edited:

AJB1102

First Grade
Banks ads. "Its more than just about the money" Yeah right assholes. And cinema ads, there is this ad in Brisbane from Mazda with these 3 Italian rip off merchant pricks that has been running for 5 bloody years.

simon-01.jpg

Or the credit card ads that are like "you want shit now, why wait until you can afford it? You totally deserve a car worth 1/2 your annual wage and an overseas holiday!"

Same with pay-day lenders. "Already drowning in debt but really want a new laptop? CAAAAAAAAAAAASH TRAAAAAAAAAAAIN! Ding, ding, ding!"

Zadar

Juniors

Agree.

When I first saw this ad, I thought it was for the smith family where a poor girl gives away her little possessions to buy her poor mother a chocolate bar, then I see she seems to be wearing a private school uniform.

counterpuncher

Juniors
Doesn't really qualify as "annoying" but after hearing a few people talk about the new Libra ad, I saw it for the first time yesterday. Crikey.

I get that periods are a normal and natural occurrence for women, but the images of blood running down a leg in the shower and a young teen dropping her undies and fishing out a used pad just didn't seem right while watching the arvo news.

TheFrog

Coach
Doesn't really qualify as "annoying" but after hearing a few people talk about the new Libra ad, I saw it for the first time yesterday. Crikey.

I get that periods are a normal and natural occurrence for women, but the images of blood running down a leg in the shower and a young teen dropping her undies and fishing out a used pad just didn't seem right while watching the arvo news.
They manage to advertise toilet rolls without showing someone wiping their bum.

Incorrect

Coach

Haven't seen it... And if it's as distasteful as it sounds I probably won't ever get to see it as it has probably already generated enough complaints to have it pulled...

veggiepatch1959

First Grade

I had that shit happen to a 13 year old indigenous girl I was friends with.

Hot crowded North Cronulla beach and the poor sweetie copped her first period wearing a white bikini. I tried to save her from further embarrassment with my towel but the damage was done.

What a time to be alive... :smirk:

So progressive.

Latest posts