What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd17 vs Tigers post game discussion.

84 Baby

Referee
This thread is salty.
It’s making me thirsty.

Anyway I don’t understand why we can’t just leave game day thread open for all the inane jokes, laughing at whiney’s mid game meltdowns and quoting genuinely interesting points made mid game (without having to go through 400 steps to do it once it’s closed) AND have the post game thread for serious discussion. While I’m sure there may be some leakage of inanity and whineying, there’s be some focal point to contain that, opposed to completely closing one thread in an effort to curtail certain posts, which just encourages those posts to migrate to the new thread.

TLDR - if you want to start a new thread to stop inane shit being posted, how’s that working out for ya?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Well I went back to earlier rounds to see if merkins were quoting posts made during the live match after full time. It turns out that most of the posts generated and replies thereto after full time were posted after full time. So what in fact is the problem ? :thinking::lying_face:

id did the same few days back, and got a reply that I was not right, lol funny shit

people wanting proof as if we owe them a legal transcript, wait ill get our lawyer lol

TheParraboy

Staff member
TLDR - if you want to start a new thread to stop inane shit being posted, how’s that working out for ya?

got us to 11 pages, after someone bitched that we only had 4 because threads were separated

Have you ever read a game day thread? especially when we are not winning? and you think this is insane shit LOL

Suitman

Post Whore
Someone said before, - "The people have spoken".

I just went through this thread. Took me about 20 minutes.
There were 9 people who have constantly complained about a post match thread. Constantly, and repetitively and who have dominated this thread.
Of those 9, 3 actually also made comments about the game, so they were fence sitters.

There have been 25 who commented on the game only and who made no complaints about having a separate post game thread.

There was 2 or 3 who made no comment one way or the other.

So yes, the people have spoken.

there's an easy way to sort this out. Next week, have 2 game day threads 1) "Game Day Thread that is going to terminate at full time", and 2) "Immortal Game Day Thread (if necessary give it a special code name like 'OT: Barry's BBQ Thread') and a Post-Game Day Thread following 1).

Bazal

Post Whore

There were 9 people who have constantly complained about a post match thread. Constantly, and repetitively and who have dominated this thread.
Of those 9, 3 actually also made comments about the game, so they were fence sitters.

There have been 25 who commented on the game only and who made no complaints about having a separate post game thread.

Lol

The fact that it took you so little time to go through the thread, and there were so few posters, is all the evidence that the thread has been barely used. Also a sign that like I said, the one taking it SUPER DOOPER SERIAL here is you.

images

LMAO

84 Baby

Referee

Why are the 3 that complained and commented “fence sitters” and yet the 25 who didn’t complain are all lumped in as agreeing with the current system?

Bazal

Post Whore
Why are the 3 that complained and commented “fence sitters” and yet the 25 who didn’t complain are all lumped in as agreeing with the current system?

Because the best data is manipulated data that agrees with your own position?

TheParraboy

Staff member
page 12 coming up :sunglasses:

Hope we beat Manly please, would prefer reading this drivel than the drivel when we lose

84 Baby

Referee
got us to 11 pages, after someone bitched that we only had 4 because threads were separated

Have you ever read a game day thread? especially when we are not winning? and you think this is insane shit LOL
That was my point. Why not have a thread for serious post match discussion and one for insane shit that is loosely based on the game

Suitman

Post Whore

Not sure if serious?

Not having a go, just answering the question. The 3 that commented are also opponents to the thread. They chose to take a stand both sides. They have shown that they are happy to comment in a post game thread, even though they disagree with it.
The 25 just chose to comment on the game and nothing else.

Bazal

Post Whore
Not sure if serious?

Not having a go, just answering the question. The 3 that commented are also opponents to the thread. They chose to take a stand both sides. They have shown that they are happy to comment in a post game thread, even though they disagree with it.

images

84 Baby

Referee
Not sure if serious?

Really it’s about 4 pro closing, 9 anti closing and 20 merkins who couldn’t give a shit. If the thread wasn’t closed, they’d still post in it

Suitman

Post Whore
Lol

The fact that it took you so little time to go through the thread, and there were so few posters, is all the evidence that the thread has been barely used. Also a sign that like I said, the one taking it SUPER DOOPER SERIAL here is you.

images

LMAO

And, if there wasn't a separate thread, you think there would have been more than 12 pages of discussion after an easy win like that?
Lol.
I'm not even replying to your 2nd comment. You can't even reply responsibly now and have to keep relying on silly pics.

TheParraboy

Staff member
If you're happy with this as a mod, I'm quoting this for reference if someone deletes my OT posts in the post match thread again...

man you got me good lol

better than 4 pages thats for sure quote me on that too