What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Split camp

possm

Coach
There’s word on Twitter stating Dufty tonight on MMM admitted that they play better when they ignore the game plan.:blush:
This could get interesting.:thinking:
Well then, now we have it from one of the players. Many on here have pointed to Mary's game plan, team selection and bench management as the main reasons for the teams poor performances and player fatigue. For me it is the first public indication of Mary loing the confidence of the players.

Let's hope there is more of this and because of this chatter, the Board finally terminates Mary's contract.

18to87

First Grade
Well then, now we have it from one of the players. Many on here have pointed to Mary's game plan, team selection and bench management as the main reasons for the teams poor performances and player fatigue. For me it is the first public indication of Mary loing the confidence of the players.

Let's hope there is more of this and because of this chatter, the Board finally terminates Mary's contract.

We all saw the look of shock on McGregors face when they were dominating Brisbane in the semis last year. Dragons fans have seen enough to know what that meant and here is Dufty adding fuel to the fire.

18to87

First Grade
I know Robson, according to several media commentators, is heading to the Cowboys but has Timm and Masters leaving been confirmed?
It makes you wonder whether McGregor and Millward actually talk to each other. Of course these guys are going to leave if they haven't been given a chance, so that would be McGregor's fault. But, then Millward must be the one out there re-signing Latimore and looking for other journeymen which prevents the progression of juniors.

possm

Coach
It makes you wonder whether McGregor and Millward actually talk to each other. Of course these guys are going to leave if they haven't been given a chance, so that would be McGregor's fault. But, then Millward must be the one out there re-signing Latimore and looking for other journeymen which prevents the progression of juniors.
I liked the way recruiting was handled when Bennett was at SGI. This new system has proved a failure. The coach has to have a formal buy in to the players recruited to the Club and so has ownership of that players development and performance. It is a cop out for Millward and Mary to blame the other party when things don't go well.

If Millward is to be retained after Mary is sacked, then the structure needs to be changed with Millward reporting to the new head coach and the head coach reporting to either a manager of football or the CEO depending on the preferred structure.

Gareth67

First Grade
There’s word on Twitter stating Dufty tonight on MMM admitted that they play better when they ignore the game plan.:blush:
This could get interesting.:thinking:

Game plan ? What game plan , the fool must have the flaming blackboard up-side down or he is using invisible chalk . Gawd , a bluudy blackboard in the 21st century in a professional multi zillion dollar sport - now I have heard everything !

But I do agree with you blacksafake and things begin to liven up and hopefully boil over .

denis preston

First Grade
How many bloody excuses do they want sounds like a group of school girls man up and have a bloody go spoilt rotten. This group of players need to take a good look at themselves if this is the excuses they are using they are no different to anyone else in the work force work or get the boot
Are you referring to the coach or players? If it is the players than they will never have more excuses than the coach.

y

you nailed it... we dont even acknowledge a problem at all to even 'fix' all good here, were the club that aspires only to tenth....

Or when a problem is implied (because the board would never concede as much explicitly), they then either relieve Mary of certain responsibilities or simply bring in more assistants. And then promote it as cutting edge reforms.

Straight Shooter

Just saw this... truly hope all it is , is rumour... if Frizz was to go then before he does Mary goes first
Where there’s smoke there’s fire mate of mine just came over for a wedding last week is good mates with a couple of dragons boys told me then I dismissed it as a rumour cos he’s a Chooks supporter but he’s mates with mark hunt to and told me weeks in advance he signed on to fight prick lesnar I dismissed that too! They fought two months later so I’m a tad nervous would hate to lose the frizz especially to that lot

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
dded4bd6-719c-4bcb-9d77-cb1236845bfd-jpeg.31535

Brutalitops

Juniors
Way back when the JDB mill was at its peak, I had this gut feeling that Mary running his mouth with some of the rhetoric about the fact he's been "decided as guilty" by the NRL would come back to bite him. Was an extremely stupid stance to take so publicly when everyone and their dog could see the best solution would be to stay distant until necessary, while giving Jack support behind the scenes.

Now I am hearing that Tyson's core problem with the club is the way they took this stance with Jack. And I really doubt he's the only one, most of these players have girlfriends and wives and his presence, regardless of trial result at the moment, is going to create an uncomfortable environment.

How the f**k could the club not see this coming. I love this club, but for the first time I became pretty ashamed and disgusted by my club on a level that goes beyond the usual board and coach shame. They have handled the whole matter terribly.