What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did Naden get the ball down?

Frank Facer

First Grade
A try was awarded, but after seeing numerous replays from different angles, I never saw the ball on the ground. I believe that Rava held him up, in what should have been one of if not the best try saving effort of the year.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
A try was awarded, but after seeing numerous replays from different angles, I never saw the ball on the ground. I believe that Rava held him up, in what should have been one of if not the best try saving effort of the year.
Ummm..

That wasn’t Naden...

What game are you watching?

Brutalitops

Juniors
Who knows, but ultimately I think a correct call was made. To the eye it certainly looked like he did, which is why the ref sent it up as try to have a look. Bunker couldn't overrule under the current system because from the footage you can't prove he didn't score.

Now you can make an argument that forcing the ref to give a blind opinion every single time isnt very smart but that's for another day.