What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Still in the relegation zone. I have read that Catalans is his likely destination.

But if this Fox League article is to be believed he may still be at Penrith next year if Tyrone May's no fault suspension is still in place.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...h/news-story/d79f6fd6f6d9a36655ea28651115d0ac

I think with the new charges recently being placed on May, he is not certain to be here in 2020 on wards. I can see the club keeping Jimmy and using Lui like he was used last night, which in my opinion was frankly pretty wonderful.

This would mean that the Peach goes else-where.

With this being sensible and good business. To'o, Naden, Kenny, have dragged the club into contention this season. It's great to see the older blokes once again enjoying and performing well. It's the energy, youth and good old fashioned joy of playing these kids of bought. If anyone can tell me that DWZ was performing better than To'o in 2019 I book you in for an eye test.

It’s not just about the individual players ability, it’s about the fact they were signed up for more & longer than they were worth. Paying guys to play for other clubs is not a good long term strategy, shifting players constantly etc.

Look at it like this

Are To’o & Naden performing well? Hell yes

Should’ve DWZ & Blake been given big deals, and in Blake’s case a long deal? No.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Look at it like this

Are To’o & Naden performing well? Hell yes

Should’ve DWZ & Blake been given big deals, and in Blake’s case a long deal? No.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I'm sure you'd have been first in here bagging management if a deal was offerred and those players in question took a better offer from a rival club. Yep at times you pay on potential (most clubs do this) and if circumstances change, with other players comming in and offering better value for less money, you move the more expensive player on. It's good business.

Crashtest

Juniors
I can see the club keeping Jimmy and using Lui like he was used last night, which in my opinion was frankly pretty wonderful.

This would mean that the Peach goes else-where.

I think your probably right, given Ivan's comments last night. But I just hope if that's the case, that another team needing a half doesn't offer Luai a starting spot for next season to entice him to leave early.

If Luai exteded his contract with an understanding that Maloney would be gone next season and he would be the starting five eight, he may not be okay with coming off the bench for another year. Especially if other teams starting showing interest in pinching him.

OldPanther

Coach
I think your probably right, given Ivan's comments last night. But I just hope if that's the case, that another team needing a half doesn't offer Luai a starting spot for next season to entice him to leave early.

If Luai exteded his contract with an understanding that Maloney would be gone next season and he would be the starting five eight, he may not be okay with coming off the bench for another year. Especially if other teams starting showing interest in pinching him.

He is an NRL quality 5/8. Someone will pay big money.

OldPanther

Coach
I'm sure things will be worked out in that case. Luai seems pretty close with many of the Panthers players. Maybe he'll be thrilled to be playing in the NRL on a week by week basis.

I suspect he'll be getting more game time off the bench like this week to keep him content. He'll play that middle utility like what QLD had throughout their years of dominating State of Origin. I actually think it'll make us more dangerous in attack at the end of each half.

Mansour is our extra prop with 150m+ a game so the bench spot is not an issue.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I suspect he'll be getting more game time off the bench like this week to keep him content. He'll play that middle utility like what QLD had throughout their years of dominating State of Origin. I actually think it'll make us more dangerous in attack at the end of each half.

Mansour is our extra prop with 150m+ a game so the bench spot is not an issue.

Well said. I'll be shocked if Peach comes back. Jimmy will he or won't he stay. It will be up to him and his family needs. I'm sure the club will support him either way.

I also have my doubts on whether May will be at riff come 2020 either. Especially after seeing the yougins comming through.

Crashtest

Juniors
I also have my doubts on whether May will be at riff come 2020 either. Especially after seeing the yougins comming through.

It may not even be a decision the club has to make. The NRL will ban him for sure if convicted.

And if he gets off, Burton and Blore will probably leapfrog him in the queue anyway for next season as the back up half if Maloney does leave early.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I'm sure you'd have been first in here bagging management if a deal was offerred and those players in question took a better offer from a rival club. Yep at times you pay on potential (most clubs do this) and if circumstances change, with other players comming in and offering better value for less money, you move the more expensive player on. It's good business.

No, I wouldn’t have. If the club came out and said we offered a 3 year deal that was rejected I’d be sarisfied they tried.

This isn’t just about DWZ & Blake, it’s a litany of players. I’m sick of the whole strategy, and the club is too. The chairman has publicly said there will be no more long term deals.

So for that I’m thankful Phil Gould has moved on, but I’m also thankful for the good work he did.

There’s been a troll attack on west tigers forum today. Dave’s mate and Alice.

I thought I would pop in and say your coach is a backstabbing ponce who if he has any success with you lot, it’s built on the back of the blood of the west tigers club, our team, sponsors, members and fans.

Tell your trolls to stay at home. Ugg booted, meth taking merkins.

Dave's mate

Juniors

I thought I would pop in and say your coach is a backstabbing ponce who if he has any success with you lot, it’s built on the back of the blood of the west tigers club, our team, sponsors, members and fans.

I like you

OldPanther

Coach

If he has success at Penrith it'll be because of the work of Gus, the players, the coaching staff and anyone who I'm missing at Panthers.

Sucks what happened but you got a prem winning coach now so enjoy the silver lining.

10Grand

Juniors

Mate tiger's downfall started with having Jason Taylor as coach and the so called big 4 holding the club to Ransom..I guess tigers club was very happy with our start to the Year,oh and stop hating Cleary for taking a better offer and his not the first or last person who has broken a contract..Tigers should extend Robbie n Benji show for another 3 seasons and enjoy a few spoons along the way..Us Panther Fans deserve every success coz we have been through hell n back..

GongPanther

Referee

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts