What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Dogs Of War

Coach
I don't know why. Until the Bulldogs start getting some quality players in their squad whoever is coaching the side will struggle. You could get an amalgam of Jack Gibson/Wayne Bennett and Craig Bellamy and I doubt he'd do much better. Pay is doing well with a side light on talent (compared to many other teams).

Because someone like Justin Holbrook knows the english scene and which players may make it over here. And a lot of them will come cheaper than an aussie equivalent. So you only need to grab a couple english forwards etc to make this team a lot more competitive. Means we can also chase those positions that we can't fill from England like decent centres.

Dogs financial situation isn't as bad as it's made out to seem. Biggest noose is currently Foran who can't stay on the paddock. I'm sure if we could offload him to another club and pay half his freight, that would be a good one to get out of. Paging Des Hasler, please come take him off our hands.

First Grade
Because someone like Justin Holbrook knows the english scene and which players may make it over here. And a lot of them will come cheaper than an aussie equivalent. So you only need to grab a couple english forwards etc to make this team a lot more competitive. Means we can also chase those positions that we can't fill from England like decent centres.

Dogs financial situation isn't as bad as it's made out to seem. Biggest noose is currently Foran who can't stay on the paddock. I'm sure if we could offload him to another club and pay half his freight, that would be a good one to get out of. Paging Des Hasler, please come take him off our hands.
He should check out Rhyse Martin whilst he is in England, try get him to go to the Dogs.

No club is going to take Foran on anywhere near 50% of what the Dogs are paying him mate. He'd be lucky for anyone to offer more than minimum payments at the moment. A couple of english forwards alone wont turn things around for the Dogs. They need forwards and backs. Problem is there aren't that many good backs in the ESL.

James Maloney was reported on NRL360 last night, saying that he was considering a move to Super League next year, and that he would prefer the lifestyle in the south of France to that of the north of England . That means he is considering an offer from Catalans Dragons.

Havok

Juniors
No club is going to take Foran on anywhere near 50% of what the Dogs are paying him mate. He'd be lucky for anyone to offer more than minimum payments at the moment. A couple of english forwards alone wont turn things around for the Dogs. They need forwards and backs. Problem is there aren't that many good backs in the ESL.
DWZ and Meaney are quality footballers and some of the young wingers are good too.

Their real issue is the halves. Cogger is awful and Foran can't stay healthy. Hooker is a big weakness too