What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks on the move from Rothfield

Stake Removed

First Grade
SHARKS ON THE MOVE

The Cronulla Sharks will shut down their Leagues Club and move all home games away from Shark Park for two years to allow builders to complete the final stage of their Woolooware redevelopment in January.

Ten “home” games will be played at Kogarah Oval and another two in Darwin and on the Sunshine Coast in 2020 and 2021 before the club can return to its traditional home.

The closure of the Leagues Club is a huge short-term blow to finances.

It will cost at least $3 million from poker machine profits but officials believe the long-term gains from a new licensed club in 2022 far outweigh the losses over two years.

Eion

First Grade
Ok, how the f**k can this happen:

1) why you gotta close the f**king ground for 2 years? The Empire friggen State Building took 1 year to complete.

2) Can’t they prioritise the work going on attached to the ground in any event?

3) when was this known and how are getting compensated? (with improved ground or cash)

This stinks, I don’t like it one bit.

Weaponhead

Coach

1) why you gotta close the f**king ground for 2 years? The Empire friggen State Building took 1 year to complete.

3) when was this known and how are getting compensated? (with improved ground or cash)

Answers
1. Incompetence
2. Yes but see 1
3. Now and no

Surely

Post Whore

Modern construction, the merkins are slow as a wet week, even then you a have to be evacuated from your unit a few years later.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Odd...
Not sure of the 2 years build time...not sure either of what this means for the loyal fan base, going to watch games at Kogarah..
Hope the cladding on Gallen tower is in check

Quigs

Immortal
Well in a couple of years I will be well past my official retirement age. Maybe by then I might of escaped this hell hole and the NRL will be a thang of my past. Just a fading memory.

By the way you younger pricks keep working and make sure you are paying your correct tax. I have a lifestyle I wish to maintain.

Well in a couple of years I will be well past my official retirement age. Maybe by then I might of escaped this hell hole and the NRL will be a thang of my past. Just a fading memory.

By the way you younger pricks keep working and make sure you are paying your correct tax. I have a lifestyle I wish to maintain.

Relax

The Country is in great hands.

Oh and don’t take notice of opinion polls that say a used car salesman will be our next Prime Minister like other dopes believed.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Seriously get the feeling if this comes to pass that it's the beginning of the end. All that time out of the area etc. Will be an easy sell to the fans I guess.

My tin foil hat is shiny brightly as well. Not concerned about Darwin. They ain't moving team there

I'm concerned about the Sunny Coast. Could be a bit of a "let's see how this goes and gauge the interest up there" type of thing.

Card Shark

Immortal

Ya know the stupid thing about this is we sold ALL our interest in the Development, so 2 years of shutdown but still bills to pay....there goes a lot of the apparent $40 million we get from selling out.

Surely they can concentrate on car park works initially & leave the ground relatively untouched for next year.

End of 2020 season, they have 18 months to finish off the leagues club (& any ground) upgrade.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Modern construction, the merkins are slow as a wet week, even then you a have to be evacuated from your unit a few years later.

Proper builders are slow. Whoever is whacking up the 3 trillion apartments along Canterbury Raod are pretty quick. They go up in about 6 months. People in straight away

People out about 6 months later while the repairs happen as you said

carinashark

First Grade
It’s only on one side of the ground isn’t ? Peter Burns stand and club right? Just put a huge scaffold, make it a screen , show replays of great Sharks games (only winning games please). Play games as per normal.

Card Shark

Immortal
& id question why do we need to move games to Darwin & Sunshine Coast (sorry Cools).

Surely Brisbane, Perth & Central Coast would draw bigger crowds & $.