What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18: Parra v Manly LIVE GAME DAY thread 21/7/19

TheParraboy

Staff member
Its cos the big happy family are all coming back together ... group hugs .... nothing like a flogging to bring us all back together

this has been the best game day thread ive had the pleasure of being involved in when we have been getting flogged lol

Avenger

Immortal
Guys I was out all day at Avalon of all places. I heard that the game changed when fat Paulo gave away a penalty on the last and they then made it 12 all.

Can I have an executive summary? Who do we stab this week? I haven’t even seen the game and am blaming Brad Arthur.

DaveMc

Juniors
Guys I was out all day at Avalon of all places. I heard that the game changed when fat Paulo gave away a penalty on the last and they then made it 12 all.

Can I have an executive summary? Who do we stab this week? I haven’t even seen the game and am blaming Brad Arthur.
Two words: Kane Evans.

strider

Post Whore
I think this is a good idea actually ... let it roll for 30 mins or an hours so anyone can finish immediate replies to stuff ... then switch threads at a clear time afterwards

Eelementary

Post Whore
We were shit but the fact they didn’t get to 40 at least showed we put in some effort in that second half (though we got lucky a few times with them bombing tries)

Thompson's try, and Parker's try, were 50-50 calls, imo.

We were lucky. Should have had close to 50 put on us...

Noise

Coach

All our forwards were gash. They steamrolled us. We got ahead in the first half due to a good kicking game. They scored 4 tries in about 15 minutes and we never recovered.
I repeat, our forwards were gash, particularly Evans and Tepai.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Our forwards were a big let down, only Paulo made more than 100m (114)
Go forward was poor, there's was 60-70 metre gain all the time
That in a nutshell was where we lost it, we were on the back foot in attack and defence

Parker played like Reg Gasnier at times

Eelementary

Post Whore

The entire pack.

Lane had the dropsies.

Ma'u couldn't defend.

Brown tried hard, but I felt he stifled our attack.

Evans and Paulo were largely ineffective (because of how much defending they did).

Tepai was useless, and the sooner he goes, the better.

Niukore was ineffective.

Only good forward we had was a 34-year old Gower...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Precisely. He really couldn’t do much given our abysmal ruck

Yup!

I usually give it to Mitch in spades, but he did the best he could, with what his pack dishes up.

Actually, I think both halves did pretty well.

But our ruck...it is diabolically bad.

84 Baby

Referee
All our forwards were gash. They steamrolled us. We got ahead in the first half due to a good kicking game. They scored 4 tries in about 15 minutes and we never recovered.
Our forwards were gash, particularly Evans and Tepai.
I thought Evans had good first stint, but his second stint ruined any comeback

Gronk

Staff member
The entire pack.

Lane had the dropsies.

Ma'u couldn't defend.

Brown tried hard, but I felt he stifled our attack.

Evans and Paulo were largely ineffective (because of how much defending they did).

Tepai was useless, and the sooner he goes, the better.

Niukore was ineffective.

Only good forward we had was a 34-year old Gower...

Agree. Lucky that Manly could not carry on with their first half form. The second half was pretty even.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think this is a good idea actually ... let it roll for 30 mins or an hours so anyone can finish immediate replies to stuff ... then switch threads at a clear time afterwards

cheers

yup one of the things we are looking at

Latest posts