What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18: Parra v Manly LIVE GAME DAY thread 21/7/19

Noise

Coach
I thought Evans had good first stint, but his second stint ruined any comeback

His dumb penalty for laying on a player late in the tackle count led to their first try. And he was lazy in defense a couple of times too in that first half, prob coz he was left on too long. But yes his second stint was much worse

strider

Post Whore
Guys I was out all day at Avalon of all places. I heard that the game changed when fat Paulo gave away a penalty on the last and they then made it 12 all.

Can I have an executive summary? Who do we stab this week? I haven’t even seen the game and am blaming Brad Arthur.
It didnt change on that penalty ... they came out with more energy and we did well to hang in there early

They won cos they are a better team .... and Des adopted the right gameplan against us. Energy in the ruck and destroy us from dummy half.

I think we did ok to not totally give up

We really miss Fergo, Mennings and Waqa

JokerEel

Coach
I hope the 3 forwards in reserve grade step up next season our forwards are poo..
No pressure in defense every time it's the last tackle the opposition kicker has way to much time.

Kornstar

Coach
And can we talk about the forward pass call on Moses? Honestly the worst call I’ve seen. The obviously err on the side of it going back, and there were a bunch of clear forward passes not called today, but that pass went 3m backwards

Coincidental that it was at a critical time of the game? Probably......

Gronk

Staff member
I hope the 3 forwards in reserve grade step up next season our forwards are poo..
No pressure in defense every time it's the last tackle the opposition kicker has way to much time.
Well two who had indifferent games Tepai and Manu are out.

Our bench let us down today. It’s usually our strength.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Score line flattered us,Manly put the cue in the rack with 25 to go and were unlucky not to score a few more. And we lost the ruck yet again. Forwards were totally exposed by a bigger and hungrier pack.

The halves did what they could behind a pack that went nowhere. Good to see the cleanout is in full swing. Tep,Hoffman,Taka and Mau were well off the pace and were exposed badly. Jennings and Blake in the centres can't come soon enough.

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Staff member
It didnt change on that penalty ... they came out with more energy and we did well to hang in there early

They won cos they are a better team .... and Des adopted the right gameplan against us. Energy in the ruck and destroy us from dummy half.

I think we did ok to not totally give up

We really miss Fergo, Mennings and Waqa

They also went wide early , early on, and made meters, this pulled our middle apart which they exploited well.

And yeah we missed Fergo rucking it out for us. He creates that extra bit of space that our other backs can run with getting out of our own end. and Mennings defence and talk on the edge is sorely missed.

We will beat Manly at Bankwest on the return bout if we are fit.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Ruck defence was terrible, but thought we did ok to stay in the game for the first 25 or so minutes.

Thought our bench didn’t offer much, so we couldnt change momentum.

We let in 2 tries from kicks where we let the ball get stolen in the air. Parry had a poor attempt on Parker for another one. While Manu also let one in with poor defence, and wasn’t at his best. While a couple were easy ones on the wing which seems to be a problem for us now (2 on Sivo’s side)

Lane dropped a ball in the first half which may have put us in good position and potentially changed the game.

Halves were good, Brown was good.

We did ok to keep the score respectable but our defence needs fixing!!

Overall the result was probably as expected sadly.

Finally we basically had a reserve grade backline, will be good to get Jennings / Blake / Ferguson back.

Bring on the warriors!

Gronk

Staff member
Ruck defence was terrible, but thought we did ok to stay in the game for the first 25 or so minutes.

Thought our bench didn’t offer much, so we couldnt change momentum.

We let in 2 tries from kicks where we let the ball get stolen in the air. Parry had a poor attempt on Parker for another one. While Manu also let one in with poor defence, and wasn’t at his best. While a couple were easy ones on the wing which seems to be a problem for us now (2 on Sivo’s side)

Lane dropped a ball in the first half which may have put us in good position and potentially changed the game.

Halves were good, Brown was good.

We did ok to keep the score respectable but our defence needs fixing!!

Overall the result was probably as expected sadly.

Finally we basically had a reserve grade backline, will be good to get Jennings / Blake / Ferguson back.

Bring on the warriors!

Agree. Just around that time that Moses hit that 40/20 I was loving our shape. We can take a positive from that. Coincidentally we haven’t looked that slick in attack since before Brown got injured.