What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18: Parra v Manly LIVE GAME DAY thread 21/7/19

I thought it was a shit performance but on the bright side it could easily have been shitter. With Mannah and Alvaro fit and firing it could have been a bit less shit. I hope Mannah's cards haven't been marked. And with Jenko and Waqa and Fergie to come back in, it's not all doom and gloom.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I reckon Schneider will be the man long term. Mahoney passes and tackles. He is tough but his creativity at this point is no more then M.Keating.
He was quite a creative player in the lower grades, is it being coached out of him??? We all know BA believes your dummy half is only there to pass and lead the line speed.

hindy111

Post Whore
Some very obvious things to address.

We have had a defence coach for 2 years with no improvement in defensive structure or ruck control, should not be there next year.
Need help for Junior in attack charges , Evans is not really doing it although he is better than last year. Good teams have 2/3 props of Junior Paulo standard, recruitment a necessity to help juniors coming through. Manly showed how it's done, 2/3 beasts running hard, quick play the balls, shifts and gaining good field position at the end of sets.
Lane is OK, neither Tep or Mau offer what we need, Nikore needs to show some improvement and add sting to his defence.
Backs are generally good, could do with another experienced back up half ( not Will Smith)

Looks like the HOF knows where needs are , shows why he was originally interested in Gurgess. If moves are not made to address the forwards, then things will continue and we will sit around 6 to 10 with the current line up.

Agree. The Manly forwards play the ball and acceleration is what gets the back space.
We did have Fergo,MJ and Blake out. That is a huge hit. I'll throw in Terepo. As much as people hate him he is one guy who has great acceleration and runs with power. It sets the tone.

hindy111

Post Whore
He was quite a creative player in the lower grades, is it being coached out of him??? We all know BA believes your dummy half is only there to pass and lead the line speed.

All I can think of is he makes to many tackles to do much else

T.S Quint

Coach
I guess we could kind of see this performance coming. We really do have a problem when we play away from home. I’m not sure how this can be addressed, but they need to work something out or this kind of shit will continue.

Not a lot of positives to come out of this one, but the fact we only lost by 12 is amazing. The way the first half went you would have expected a 50-point flogging, so it was nice to not have our differential not screwed up too seriously.

One thing I will say in response to the many people who have said that if we make the Finals then we will be cannon fodder...of course we will be. We are not winning the comp this year. We never were. Melbourne and Roosters are so much better than every other team it will be a miracle if they aren’t playing each other in the gf again. If we make the Finals it will be a remarkable achievement in itself, even without a winning any Finals games. We finished dead last in 2018. Only won 6 games. We have improved from that position greatly. Yeah we still have a long way to go and days like today hurt like a mutherf**ker, but at the moment we are sitting in 6th position after 18 rounds which is pretty damn good considering where we were last year.

hindy111

Post Whore
Put in Fergo,Blake and MJ along with Terepo.

Keep fingers crossed injuries hit the top 3 clubs.

DBrown was much better. He needs to continue his rise.

Slim chance but with Blake,Moses,Fergo,Guth,Jnr,Mj there is enough to have some hope if we clicked. Mad if give up now.

Gronk

Staff member
I'd also like to give a big thumbs up to our mods ... obviously I was one of the most vocal critics of locking this thread, and I'm happy we've stopped doing that, but I'm not sure how I would have behaved were I in their shoes. So I thank them for being the better men.
May I just point out that whilst the live game day thread remained alive, by 1 hour after the game was completed, nobody was quoting posts made during the game.

So I’m intrigued what the brouhaha was all about?

Bandwagon

Staff member
May I just point out that whilst the live game day thread remained alive, by 1 hour after the game was completed, nobody was quoting posts made during the game.

So I’m intrigued what the brouhaha was all about?

For mine it's directly after the game that I'd want to quote posts made during the game, if I did at all, that's just the natural flow of the conversation. For others it might be different.

Either way, it would seem that there isn't really any great issue in keeping the thread open?

eel01s

Bench
Some very obvious things to address.

We have had a defence coach for 2 years with no improvement in defensive structure or ruck control, should not be there next year.
Need help for Junior in attack charges , Evans is not really doing it although he is better than last year. Good teams have 2/3 props of Junior Paulo standard, recruitment a necessity to help juniors coming through. Manly showed how it's done, 2/3 beasts running hard, quick play the balls, shifts and gaining good field position at the end of sets.
Lane is OK, neither Tep or Mau offer what we need, Nikore needs to show some improvement and add sting to his defence.
Backs are generally good, could do with another experienced back up half ( not Will Smith)

Looks like the HOF knows where needs are , shows why he was originally interested in Gurgess. If moves are not made to address the forwards, then things will continue and we will sit around 6 to 10 with the current line up.
How long is Kidwell signed for?