What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18: Parra v Manly LIVE GAME DAY thread 21/7/19

Gronk

Staff member
I Never went anywhere.

Call me a deathrider all you like, I consider myself a realist.

So what happened to your "realist" comments about how shit we were during the time we strung together a few wins ?

I even gave you a nudge during the locked thread bruhahaha that you had become an impotent shadow of your sarcastic former self.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So what happened to your "realist" comments about how shit we were during the time we strung together a few wins ?

I even gave you a nudge during the locked thread bruhahaha that you had become an impotent shadow of your sarcastic former self.
As I said, be happy with us limping into the finals in a very average comp. We are also fans and it is all we will ever be under Bea Arthur.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yep, the comp this year is horrible.

But you keep believing it’s some great achievement.
Does anyone think sixth is a great achievement? It just means we're not shit.

Good to see Ricky Stuart has learnt to coach again, after winning a comp with the Roosters and then a spoon at Parra.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
OR Manly were on fire for that 20 mins. They rolled up the middle like Storm at their very best. No team would have stopped them in that mood. Good thing that they could not maintain that mindset, the possession evened out and the rest of the game was pretty even. Unfortunately too late for us to claw back so many points.
Eventually Manly's starting middles had to have a rest - the first one to go off was Taupau at the 30th minute. That's how much ball they had. The other two played the whole first half. As for us, most of the damage was done after our three left the field.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You be happy with us being big average, we are light years off winning a comp let alone competing for one. The standards of Eels fans are the lowest in the comp. No wonder we now have the longest drought in Australian sport and the most spoons.

But but but we have beat some teams more pathetic than us and we have won more games than last year........
We are still some way away from winning a comp but I have been happy with our efforts this year.

After coming 16th I have been impressed with our improvement this year. Only a dickhead would think we would go from last to first in the space of 12 months but I honestly feel like we are trending in the right direction.

Would like to see us tighten up our defence in the middle. We have plenty of points in us and would be an even more competitive team if we didn't get marched up the field so easily.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You be happy with us being big average, we are light years off winning a comp let alone competing for one. The standards of Eels fans are the lowest in the comp. No wonder we now have the longest drought in Australian sport and the most spoons.

But but but we have beat some teams more pathetic than us and we have won more games than last year........
Do we have a shit record because of low fan expectations or is it the other way around?

If there's any realists here it's not you.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's bullshit. We did not put in mate. We where soft.
The last 10 we scored a couple once they winded down. The scoreline flattered us. It was woefull defense in the middle
Manly had to slow down because their starting middles can't play 80 minutes and their bench is shit.

Gronk

Staff member
Eventually Manly's starting middles had to have a rest - the first one to go off was Taupau at the 30th minute. That's how much ball they had. The other two played the whole first half. As for us, most of the damage was done after our three left the field.

TBH I am not sure if engaging in the wrestle was the simple fix or if they just had unbeatable energy or belief for those 20 mins or so. They have Storm twice in the coming weeks. Will be interesting to see how they cope with true ninja kung fu judo taekwondo tai chi origami wrestle.

Gronk

Staff member
We are still some way away from winning a comp but I have been happy with our efforts this year.

After coming 16th I have been impressed with our improvement this year. Only a dickhead would think we would go from last to first in the space of 12 months but I honestly feel like we are trending in the right direction.

Would like to see us tighten up our defence in the middle. We have plenty of points in us and would be an even more competitive team if we didn't get marched up the field so easily.

+1. I've enjoyed this year and by and large we have put in more good than bad performances. Consistency is the problem with all mid table teams. That's what BA has been pissed about for months. Pretty hard to be a contender without a Camillions or Cronk / Teddy, but hopefully we can become a better team in the grind Raiders style.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
TBH I am not sure if engaging in the wrestle was the simple fix or if they just had unbeatable energy or belief for those 20 mins or so. They have Storm twice in the coming weeks. Will be interesting to see how they cope with true ninja kung fu judo taekwondo tai chi origami wrestle.
They were obviously up for the game and we weren't. We didn't 'front load' our defensive effort from the start which meant we got more fatigued from scrambling. What it meant was our big men had to sit down long before theirs. When Paulo and Evans went off the score was even. When Brown went off we were only down by a try. But Manly's entire starting pack was still on the field because they hadn't had to make many tackles.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
+1. I've enjoyed this year and by and large we have put in more good than bad performances. Consistency is the problem with all mid table teams. That's what BA has been pissed about for months. Pretty hard to be a contender without a Camillions or Cronk / Teddy, but hopefully we can become a better team in the grind Raiders style.
Interesting that Canberra improved their defence by making their pack smaller.

Gronk

Staff member
They were obviously up for the game and we weren't. We didn't 'front load' our defensive effort from the start which meant we got more fatigued from scrambling. What it meant was our big men had to sit down long before theirs. When Paulo and Evans went off the score was even. When Brown went off we were only down by a try. But Manly's entire starting pack was still on the field because they hadn't had to make many tackles.

Momentum is an influential beast. You get a roll on and the opposition are on their heels. They try and slow down the ruck and then penalties start to string together. Nek minute Manly had 5 penalties in a row and 70% of the ball with red zone field position.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Does anyone think sixth is a great achievement? It just means we're not shit.

Good to see Ricky Stuart has learnt to coach again, after winning a comp with the Roosters and then a spoon at Parra.
Have a chat to Gronk, he thinks it’s an amazing achievement.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You're fibbing. I never said that coming 6th was an amazing achievement. However it's a f**k tonne better than coming last.
You are the one fapping over us not being out of 8 the all season, you keep bumping that thread weekly like it’s some amazing stat.