What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18: Parra v Manly LIVE GAME DAY thread 21/7/19

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Oh Noes!!

People still quoting people 2 days after the game in the game thread, potential lawsuit coming right up.

Gronk

Staff member
You are the one fapping over us not being out of 8 the all season, you keep bumping that thread weekly like it’s some amazing stat.

You're in a mood aren't you ?

We improve from spoon to Top 8 all year, yet you refuse to concede that it's been a much improved year.

You sad sack cat's bum face merkin you.
boohoo.gif

There have been 4 teams who have never been out of the 8 all year. Storm, Bunnies, Raiders and Eels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_NRL_season

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You're in a mood aren't you ?

We improve from spoon to Top 8 all year, yet you refuse to concede that it's been a much improved year.

You sad sack cat's bum face merkin you.
boohoo.gif

There have been 4 teams who have never been out of the 8 all year. Storm, Bunnies, Raiders and Eels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_NRL_season
never said we haven’t improved, I mean it’s hardly a great achievement improving on what we offered up last year. Just like I believe limping into the bottom half of the 8 isn’t hardly to get excited about either.

Gronk

Staff member
never said we haven’t improved, I mean it’s hardly a great achievement improving on what we offered up last year. Just like I believe limping into the bottom half of the 8 isn’t hardly to get excited about either.
You're coming around merkin.
thumbsup.gif

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Yes, Manly killed us in the ruck and our defence was terrible there!! It definitely needs to improve as it happens to often this year. And it was a poor performance.

But a lot of Manly’s tries were down to poor individual efforts:

- gutho let tommy steal ball mid air, but being fair it was tommy
- Manu lazy in defence for another
- Parry weak attempt on Parker
- Sivo getting ball stolen mid air
- 2 tries on Sivo’s side, were fairly weak defensive efforts

Good chance with Jennings / Blake / Ferguson back we may have stopped a few of those tries (3 from Sivo’s and Parry’s one).

hindy111

Post Whore
You're fibbing. I never said that coming 6th was an amazing achievement. However it's a f**k tonne better than coming last.

6th with our squad is outstanding achievement.
I mean 2 rookies in the spine and a rookie winger. Along with an average forward pack.

T.S Quint

Coach
Great post, honestly sneaking into the top 8 is no great achievement in a comp as lopsided and as poor as this one.

You don’t think making the Finals is an achievement?

Considering we’ve only done it once in the past decade, I’d consider it something to be happy about. Especially coming off a year where we finished dead last.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You don’t think making the Finals is an achievement?

Considering we’ve only done it once in the past decade, I’d consider it something to be happy about. Especially coming off a year where we finished dead last.
Sure it’s better than coming last, but we are still just making up the numbers. Manly showed us on Sunday just how far off the pace we really are.

hindy111

Post Whore
Sure it’s better than coming last, but we are still just making up the numbers. Manly showed us on Sunday just how far off the pace we really are.

Yes. But on a neutural ground if you added MJ,Fergo,Blake and Terepo and took out Walker,Turbo,Suli and a bench forward is the result different? Heck even if they had those 4 and we had our 4 the result is different.
On a neautral ground.the game is different.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Do you reckon we might show them how far off the pace they are when we meet them at Bankwest in a few weeks?

Latest posts