What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 Team List thread vs Warriors

Eelogical

Referee
https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2019/07/23/team-list-eels-v-warriors-round-19/

Parramatta Eels
1. Clint Gutherson (c)
2. Maika Sivo
3. Brad Takairangi
4. Waqa Blake
5. Josh Hoffman
6. Dylan Brown
7. Mitch Moses
8. Kane Evans
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Junior Paulo
11. Marata Niukore
12. Manu Ma’u
13. Nathan Brown
Interchange
14. Oregon Kaufusi
15. Daniel Alvaro
16. David Gower
17. Tepai Moeroa
18. Jaeman Salmon
19. Andrew Davey
20. Tim Mannah
21. Ethan Parry
Hoff on the wing, eh? Who's that #19?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Happy with Alvaro, and Kaufusi, being named.

Not happy with Moeroa still being in the side (especially ahead of Timmy), and not happy with Parry being dropped.

Excited to see Waqa Blake in the Blue and Gold.

Eelementary

Post Whore
What has happened to Kaufusi, Stefeno and even Fainga'a in the SR with Lane out? Are none of these good enough to replace any of the forwards that performed so badly against Manly? Why bring back yesterday's forwards, Alvaro and Mannah, start with the forwards of tomorrow.

Faingaa is a good ball-runner, with good hands...

But he honestly makes Bryce Cartwright look like Nathan Hindmarsh, and Dallas Johnson's love-child...

He is an absolutely shit-house defender.

TheParraboy

Staff member
https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2019/07/23/team-list-eels-v-warriors-round-19/

Parramatta Eels
1. Clint Gutherson (c)
2. Maika Sivo
3. Brad Takairangi
4. Waqa Blake
5. Josh Hoffman
6. Dylan Brown
7. Mitch Moses
8. Kane Evans
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Junior Paulo
11. Marata Niukore
12. Manu Ma’u
13. Nathan Brown
Interchange
14. Oregon Kaufusi
15. Daniel Alvaro
16. David Gower
17. Tepai Moeroa
18. Jaeman Salmon
19. Andrew Davey
20. Tim Mannah
21. Ethan Parry

Forwards and the bench forwards to rip in, hopefully then we can pile on some points 2nd half
Though Warriors will be tough, need to tango with them first 25min, rest will take care of itself. Hopefully Alvaro can have a great game, he would be pumped you would imagine..

our backline is shaping up as the best in the comp once MJ and Fergo are back, so forwards need to break even at least and we are sweet

Gazzamatta

Coach
Alvaro now looks like the lean and mean 2018 version. If that doesn't work maybe we could put more beef on him?

chiefy1

Juniors

Parramatta Eels
1. Clint Gutherson (c)
2. Maika Sivo
3. Brad Takairangi
4. Waqa Blake
5. Josh Hoffman
6. Dylan Brown
7. Mitch Moses
8. Kane Evans
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Junior Paulo
11. Marata Niukore
12. Manu Ma’u
13. Nathan Brown
Interchange
14. Oregon Kaufusi
15. Daniel Alvaro
16. David Gower
17. Tepai Moeroa
18. Jaeman Salmon
19. Andrew Davey
20. Tim Mannah
21. Ethan Parry

Is BA playing horses for Courses with the big bench ?

84 Baby

Referee
I like Hoffman, but I would hope so.

Very harsh to drop Parry, imo.

Hoffman could probably do with a short stint in Webty, anyway.
I didn’t think Parry injected himself enough especially on kick returns. Get him to work on it and he’ll be back at some point

Eelementary

Post Whore
I didn’t think Parry injected himself enough especially on kick returns. Get him to work on it and he’ll be back at some point

Yeah, he could have done more in terms of returning the ball.

But he scored an excellent try (I never thought he was that quick), and did well under the high ball.

Involvement aside, he probably offers a little more than Hoffman, and I really like Hoffman.

84 Baby

Referee
Yeah, he could have done more in terms of returning the ball.

But he scored an excellent try (I never thought he was that quick), and did well under the high ball.

Involvement aside, he probably offers a little more than Hoffman, and I really like Hoffman.
True but I think a lot of our problems this week were caused or compounded (and a symptom) of lack of punch from the back. Parry was the worst of them, and Hoff is better at it. Parry to prove (probably more to himself) that he can provide it

Latest posts