What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18: Parra v Manly LIVE GAME DAY thread 21/7/19

Eelogical

Referee
Does anyone think sixth is a great achievement? It just means we're not shit.

Good to see Ricky Stuart has learnt to coach again, after winning a comp with the Roosters and then a spoon at Parra.
It means we're a solid deuce, as opposed to the Titans and Dogs who are bowl splatterers.

Gazzamatta

Coach
That try gets scored against EVERY team in comp. Trbdnnfievic had the angle, timing and risk taking all in his favour
You are probably correct but have you noticed we rarely, if ever, provide support for our back three when defending an opposition bomb?
I know who has noticed. Des Hasler.
We have been lousy/lazy on that play all season. Fergos athleticism for the most part has disguised our poor play in that area.

84 Baby

Referee
You are probably correct but have you noticed we rarely, if ever, provide support for our back three when defending an opposition bomb?
I know who has noticed. Des Hasler.
We have been lousy/lazy on that play all season. Fergos athleticism for the most part has disguised our poor play in that area.
Which teams do provide good bomb support? And what position do those supporters play? And even more so, do they support against a seemingly nothing bomb from 40m out? Not even Queensland did that. And if you say Rorters/Scum, Latrell and Chambers are (from my own observations) horrendous at it and always brink on giving away penalties.

Edit - AND Gutho did have support, Moses provided an ok block and Trgvkdbvsevic still got around him and caught the ball.

The only way to stop that try legally would have been to allow an at pace Thbfkebevic to catch it cleanly and tackle him as he lands. The only other thing we could have done better is for Moses to have got into better position behind the ball before it was caught to have a chance at tackling him

Last edited:

Gazzamatta

Coach
Which teams do provide good bomb support? And what position do those supporters play? And even more so, do they support against a seemingly nothing bomb from 40m out? Not even Queensland did that. And if you say Rorters/Scum, Latrell and Chambers are (from my own observations) horrendous at it and always brink on giving away penalties.

Edit - AND Gutho did have support, Moses provided an ok block and Trgvkdbvsevic still got around him and caught the ball.

The only way to stop that try legally would have been to allow an at pace Thbfkebevic to catch it cleanly and tackle him as he lands. The only other thing we could have done better is for Moses to have got into better position behind the ball before it was caught to have a chance at tackling him
Nup.