What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldPanther

Coach
Martin
JFH
Yeo
Kikau

Can all play 80 mins from our top 17. Tamou and RCG 50 mins. Gives plenty of options to fill around that

I didn't realise Fish could do 80. Always looks gassed when interchanged but that could just be the workload he's expected to put in for his shorter stints at prop.

martielang

Bench
I don't see the need to spend big money on our pack. Maybe 1 impact type forward, a Kasiano type (but not Kasiano). Tui Kam... from the Storm. Would of liked to see Lui Toso get a crack in that position but looks unlikely.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't see the need to spend big money on our pack. Maybe 1 impact type forward, a Kasiano type (but not Kasiano). Tui Kam... from the Storm. Would of liked to see Lui Toso get a crack in that position but looks unlikely.

Leinu is best for that role until he gets upto speed. Also Hetherington you'd think would be better after this year

if Semi Radradra was to return, how much would you be prepared to offer him?

Conventional wisdom is don’t overpay for wingers, but if there’s ever a winger who falls outside of that it’s Radradra. 82 tries in 94 games, he could’ve broken Ken Irvine’s record is he stayed.

Dave's mate

Juniors
if Semi Radradra was to return, how much would you be prepared to offer him?

Conventional wisdom is don’t overpay for wingers, but if there’s ever a winger who falls outside of that it’s Radradra. 82 tries in 94 games, he could’ve broken Ken Irvine’s record is he stayed.
400k which is less than half that Pawwa will pay

Kilkenny

Coach
Who would you target for:

Not really my area of experties but the likes of Daniel Alvaro, Herman Ese Ese, Jarrod Warea Hargraves would be great for two seasons although not sure I would take the risk on signing him on a three year deal.

Outside backs is a tough one as there are no obvious standouts of those off contract perhaps someone like Hymel Hunt or even a 1 year deal for Michael Jennings who while he has lost pace still is very good defensively and will still score tries if given opportunities.

OldPanther

Coach
Not really my area of experties but the likes of Daniel Alvaro, Herman Ese Ese, Jarrod Warea Hargraves would be great for two seasons although not sure I would take the risk on signing him on a three year deal.

Outside backs is a tough one as there are no obvious standouts of those off contract perhaps someone like Hymel Hunt or even a 1 year deal for Michael Jennings who while he has lost pace still is very good defensively and will still score tries if given opportunities.

Nathan Brown from the Eels would be a fantastic impact prop.

OldPanther

Coach
Wow, only 400? I’d probably go 650k.

Agree with @betcats above that wingers are fairly important in the modern game. They can be an extra forward at times, and with Radradra he’s a serious attacking threat as well as meter eater.

To add to your point Mansour is a prop for us and allows Ivan to run a lighter bench with Luai and Egan.

chrisD

Coach
It was the games leading into the finals he was playing carrying our pack, like I said the back end of the year. And he didn't just he played longer than the other forwards. He was lead leading line speed, kick pressure and ran the hardest, was putting on the most big hits. Tamou was plodding, Merrin was terrible that year, Fish was good for his age but hadn't come into his own. He was the only front rower playing near that quality. If he hits that form with guys like Tamou and Fish to support him it'll make a world of difference.
His play the ball speed is and always has been disastrous to our attack. He is one note. The defence commonly waltzes him on his feet, gently places him on his back and molests him until they decide they're ready for him to play a ball. He seems completely oblivious to the fact that games are often won and lost in the ruck and that it is his primary job to win it. He is quantity at below average quality.

And a personal annoyance, it defies the laws of physics how he still can't barge his enormous frame over a goal line after about a thousand f**king attempts.

People here who would know are pissed off about his contract. Gus who architected his contract was on the TV saying how he believed he'd be the best front rower in the game. We're paying him out our ass for performances we could get from a near minimum contract prop.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

and good in giving Sam Mckendry another year (good depth player) on a reduced contract ?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
His play the ball speed is and always has been disastrous to our attack. He is one note. The defence commonly waltzes him on his feet, gently places him on his back and molests him until they decide they're ready for him to play a ball. He seems completely oblivious to the fact that games are often won and lost in the ruck and that it is his primary job to win it. He is quantity at below average quality.

And a personal annoyance, it defies the laws of physics how he still can't barge his enormous frame over a goal line after about a thousand f**king attempts.

People here who would know are pissed off about his contract. Gus who architected his contract was on the TV saying how he believed he'd be the best front rower in the game. We're paying him out our ass for performances we could get from a near minimum contract prop.

You've mis quoted Gus who said 'I believe in the next couple of years he WILL become the best front rower in the game. I must agree with Gus about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts