What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangs

Coach
If RCG is moved on, there must be some serious cash for a player signing next year or 2021 now.

I’d be really looking hard for a hooker.

Hooker first. I had fullback as second by I think prop is now second. We are lacking experience again I think.

EDIT: Grant would be okay though I'm sure with our cash we can secure someone better.

Hooker first. I had fullback as second by I think prop is now second. We are lacking experience again I think.

EDIT: Grant would be okay though I'm sure with our cash we can secure someone better.

Grant would be super cheap though.

We have Leota, JFH, Tamou, Leniu.

Probably need Grant & someone else.

OldPanther

Coach
Maybe not, but I only posted that because Gav is very good mates with someone who posts here that has a lot of inside info about the club.

Not criticising you posting it. I'm expecting the club to be more professional..... and I've just changed my own mind while writing this. Our sport is all about nepotism.

Not criticising you posting it. I'm expecting the club to be more professional..... and I've just changed my own mind while writing this. Our sport is all about nepotism.

Haha, who knows.

Thing is, even if it’s true, the guys being moved on are also on the biggest/longest deals.

But it was always a risk having a father/son duo at the club. When Nathan is inevitably named captain it’ll be tested even more.

franklin2323

Immortal
That seems a bit harsh! He is still averaging 102m and 32 tackles at 90% efficiency per game. Still good numbers for coming off the bench. Just obviously not worth his contract value.

What would Leota or Martin give you if given that same amount of mins?

mxlegend99

Referee
That’s a tough call. To me he’s easily NRL standard, it’s just his contract.

At 400k RCG would be decent value.
100%.

If he had never had his 2017 season we wouldnt be paying him so much or expecting so much from him. He would be getting massive wraps after 120+ metres off the bench. But 2 years ago he was regularly doing 160m+ and hurting guys with how hard he ran. That's what we all expect now... and what hes being paid to produce.

He's terrible value for money. But hes still a solid player.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
100%.

If he had never had his 2017 season we wouldnt be paying him so much or expecting so much from him. He would be getting massive wraps after 120+ metres off the bench. But 2 years ago he was regularly doing 160m+ and hurting guys with how hard he ran. That's what we all expect now... and what hes being paid to produce.

He's terrible value for money. But hes still a solid player.

Well said. If we as a club can get similar value from a cheaper player, we are crazy not to try. Like the Blake v Naden situation. At the moment for the wage being paid. Reg is not value for money.

mxlegend99

Referee
What would Leota or Martin give you if given that same amount of mins?
Martin played 80 minutes for 69 metres against Raiders.
RCG played 43 mins for 123m.

Leota played 28 mins for 56m... and a bunch of those were for his try which was incredible. Our front rowers in space all look quiet fast and light on their feet.

Leota played 28 mins for 56m... and a bunch of those were for his try which was incredible. Our front rowers in space all look quiet fast and light on their feet.

Martin was playing on an edge, though. You’re always going to get more meters in the middle.

franklin2323

Immortal

Martin played edge though. They don't take kickoffs and generally have less runs

Status
Not open for further replies.