What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
Martin was playing on an edge, though. You’re always going to get more meters in the middle.
His best game in first grade was on the edge filling in for Kikau. A huge reason i put a sneaky $5 on him to score a double. I expected alot more from him than we got.

Not just him though. Naden was the biggest disappointment. Up against a genuine reserve grader I expected him to have a field day also.

His best game in first grade was on the edge filling in for Kikau. A huge reason i put a sneaky $5 on him to score a double. I expected alot more from him than we got.

Not just him though. Naden was the biggest disappointment. Up against a genuine reserve grader I expected him to have a field day also.

Sure, I’m just talking about meters.

TheFrog

Coach
100%.

If he had never had his 2017 season we wouldnt be paying him so much or expecting so much from him. He would be getting massive wraps after 120+ metres off the bench. But 2 years ago he was regularly doing 160m+ and hurting guys with how hard he ran.
It might come back next year, as the fear of breaking his jaw again recedes....when he's playing for the Eels.

maple_69

Bench
I think Reggie will continue to improve. Does he hit the form he did in 2017 and justify his wage? Maybe not, but his form line before then, as a young prop was pretty healthy and consistent.

I think Yeo is the guy that needs a break. Would rather Martin and Kik on the edges and JFH back to lock to get Leniu into the prop rotation.

The Realist

Juniors
Jesus, did Gus really sign RCG for 4 million over 5 years? That is just completely bonkers!

He ended up being just as bad as Mick Leary, got too emotionally invested with the playing group and ended up making irrational judgements with player contracts.

He was only worth that if he was going to improve his 2017 form and keep himself there.

Waqa was also reportedly going to be on 600-700K, again too much as well as the 700K for DWZ. This is just boneheaded stuff.

At this rate we will be shelling out close to a million for 2020 to other clubs and close to that for maybe another season or so. Which other clubs are stupid enough to be doing this?

Dave and Brian we right to move Gus on it seems, however the entire process was messy, battered our Brand value and delivered us a mediocre coach. There should have been more oversight and scrutiny of Gus in his Role of GM. It appears as though Gus could pretty much do as he pleased which is never a good sign. Accountability starts at the top.

OldPanther

Coach
I think Reggie will continue to improve. Does he hit the form he did in 2017 and justify his wage? Maybe not, but his form line before then, as a young prop was pretty healthy and consistent.

I think Yeo is the guy that needs a break. Would rather Martin and Kik on the edges and JFH back to lock to get Leniu into the prop rotation.

You've nailed it. Yeo should get a rest for his shoulder now that June 30 is gone and we have more players to use.

Panfa

Juniors
Leniu needs to be in the top 17 hes aggressive and got good speed and footwork for a prop he could start and push fisher harris out wider. If you were gonna blood him in 1st grade then doggies game is the go we cant continue with kenny egan luai 1 has to go pack is too small especially with kiks suspended.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Leniu needs to be in the top 17 hes aggressive and got good speed and footwork for a prop he could start and push fisher harris out wider. If you were gonna blood him in 1st grade then doggies game is the go we cant continue with kenny egan luai 1 has to go pack is too small especially with kiks suspended.
Moving Fish is crazy talk

Sime_11

Juniors
I’ve gone cold on needing a new fullback, I think hooker is more important.

bring home Matt Parcel :p

I love Edwards, but im open to the ball playing fullback requirement that we do need, I cant see Dylan adapting that to his game, he's a really solid fullback who can make metres, but considering how poor our attack can be, we need as many decent ballplayer in the squad as possible to generate some kind of attacking threat.

bring home Matt Parcel :p

I love Edwards, but im open to the ball playing fullback requirement that we do need, I cant see Dylan adapting that to his game, he's a really solid fullback who can make metres, but considering how poor our attack can be, we need as many decent ballplayer in the squad as possible to generate some kind of attacking threat.

Agree, I just think hooker is our weaker position, and we can add an attacking element there.

But if the Sharks are willing to pay a lot of Moylans deal we may be able to do both.

Panther Mick

Juniors
I get the impression Edwards is keeping the seat warm until either Laurie or Staines take the position from him.
The club seems to be a bit invested Daine Laurie. Re-signed him earlier in the year, moved him 5/8 in the reserves for a stint to add ball playing skills to his game.

The Moylan rumour is not even from a creditable source. The other 3 rumours were laughed off a week ago.

franklin2323

Immortal
I get the impression Edwards is keeping the seat warm until either Laurie or Staines take the position from him.
The club seems to be a bit invested Daine Laurie. Re-signed him earlier in the year, moved him 5/8 in the reserves for a stint to add ball playing skills to his game.

The Moylan rumour is not even from a creditable source. The other 3 rumours were laughed off a week ago.

Yep we are fine for FB. Hooker unless we move a half there we need players

OldPanther

Coach
wouldn’t this just be something else

giphy.gif

Big Mick

Referee
It should be said that the Moylan one is contingent on a number of things.

Angus Chrichton to Rugby
Tyson Frizzell to Roosters
Josh Reynolds to Sharks
Moylan back to Penrith.

But, I will say the source only gets about 60% right for clubs not being the Roosters. So it's not a HIGH strike rate...which is why I said "No way it happens though" lol.

Abacus

Juniors
It should be said that the Moylan one is contingent on a number of things.

Angus Chrichton to Rugby
Tyson Frizzell to Roosters
Josh Reynolds to Sharks
Moylan back to Penrith.

But, I will say the source only gets about 60% right for clubs not being the Roosters. So it's not a HIGH strike rate...which is why I said "No way it happens though" lol.
Why are the Frizell & Crichton moves a factor? Tigers want to move Reynolds, if Sharks release Moylan, presumably Panthers have room (RCG may be a factor)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts