What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Heard a whisper we may have been interested in Hymel Hunt. Not gonna happen now given the developments with Ramien.

Ramien has the higher ceiling if we can get him for $300k then good deal. For me we should use Maloney's money on:

Ramien keep in NSW Cup if he struggles. Tackle breaking ability, played finals footy and is only 22

Peachey to fill Luai role off the bench.

Sam Williams. Experienced, played finals games, currently in NSW Cup so wouldn't complain if he wasn't in FG

age.s

First Grade
Completely agree on Williams in particular. He's just on the cusp of being good enough to run a NRL team but still at the level where he won't spit the dummy if left in CC. Good depth option.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Completely agree on Williams in particular. He's just on the cusp of being good enough to run a NRL team but still at the level where he won't spit the dummy if left in CC. Good depth option.
If he left Canberra it would be more likey to somewhere like the dogs where he'd see first grade imo

Fangs

Coach
Ramien has the higher ceiling if we can get him for $300k then good deal. For me we should use Maloney's money on:

Ramien keep in NSW Cup if he struggles. Tackle breaking ability, played finals footy and is only 22

Peachey to fill Luai role off the bench.

Sam Williams. Experienced, played finals games, currently in NSW Cup so wouldn't complain if he wasn't in FG

We could have a lot more money to play with soon. None of those players will command a big salary here at Penrith. We need to be thinking about a marquee signing to add to the players you've listed.

As for Williams, I'd be looking at him as a hooker. Or any half for that matter. It worked with Wallace for a time and we don't look likely to sign a decent 9 so maybe try and manufacture one.

franklin2323

Immortal
We could have a lot more money to play with soon. None of those players will command a big salary here at Penrith. We need to be thinking about a marquee signing to add to the players you've listed.

As for Williams, I'd be looking at him as a hooker. Or any half for that matter. It worked with Wallace for a time and we don't look likely to sign a decent 9 so maybe try and manufacture one.

Hopefully we do. No RCG would really give us a warchest to play with

How often does marquee players leave though? Better odds of one of the next group behind To'o becoming a star than a marquee player come our way

kinghippo

Juniors

Getting kerighan or Harris tavita from NZ as a 9 or backup would also be good

Fangs

Coach

How often does marquee players leave though? Better odds of one of the next group behind To'o becoming a star than a marquee player come our way

Well its the goal we should set. Unlikely we get a Trbojevic but stranger things have happened. I'd be over the moon if we managed to sign Big Jake.

Haven't totally given up on Korisau either. Tigers/Dogs/Warriors will offer more money, but we are the more successful club. Always a chance with that in mind.

martielang

Bench
Well its the goal we should set. Unlikely we get a Trbojevic but stranger things have happened. I'd be over the moon if we managed to sign Big Jake.

Haven't totally given up on Korisau either. Tigers/Dogs/Warriors will offer more money, but we are the more successful club. Always a chance with that in mind.

I think Cleary wanted him over Segy as well but Gus overruled him? So I would assume they still have a solid relationship.

Wouldn't mind us having a crack at Josh Kerr from the Dragons. Another big body, doesnt get much time at all for them.

Fangs

Coach
Getting kerighan or Harris tavita from NZ as a 9 or backup would also be good

Both great for depth. Though again the marquee player should be the first target. We have lost one in Maloney and RCG is on marquee money (Even though he isn't playing like that).

Add in losing strike power in DWZ and Blake. Depth signings have to be our second consideration right now.

Fangs

Coach
I think Cleary wanted him over Segy as well but Gus overruled him? So I would assume they still have a solid relationship.

Wouldn't mind us having a crack at Josh Kerr from the Dragons. Another big body, doesnt get much time at all for them.

No idea about Seg/Korisau.

But I like Josh Kerr.

martielang

Bench
If we do let RCG go, I wonder if we have a sniff at an elite outside back like Mitchell.

Or maybe we aim for someone a bit below like Scott or Ramien or Isaako.

BxTom

Bench
If we do let RCG go, I wonder if we have a sniff at an elite outside back like Mitchell.

Or maybe we aim for someone a bit below like Scott or Ramien or Isaako.
I doubt Ivan's mate will be making any purchases. He's a business man and thinks like one. Increase profit by cutting costs. Lost sight of the fact that it's a sporting team that has fans that see success on the field as more important than an increase in profits. I also think he's rewriting the history books re Gus too.

Dave's mate

Juniors
I doubt Ivan's mate will be making any purchases. He's a business man and thinks like one. Increase profit by cutting costs. Lost sight of the fact that it's a sporting team that has fans that see success on the field as more important than an increase in profits. I also think he's rewriting the history books re Gus too.
Lol every team has to spend their cap you lunatic.

marquee players are tough to sign, but at minimum you make the current club pay more. So it’s worth making an offer.

Crashtest

Juniors
We need to be thinking about a marquee signing to add to the players you've listed

Have the Panthers ever managed to sign a genuine marquee signing though? I struggle to think of any. Maloney and Petero probably the most profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts